1 dag geleden - Universiteit Maastricht - Maastricht
Researcher Agro-robotics in horticulture (36 hours)
Executes projects in the field of advanced automated production systems with a focus on agro-robotics and mechatronic systems for (indoor) horticultural …
2 maanden geleden
- Droevendaalsesteeg, Wageningen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 36 uur
- Executes projects in the field of advanced automated production systems with a focus on agro-robotics and mechatronic systems for (indoor) horticultural applications;
- Develops new prototypes of mechatronic systems for the application area, often in close interaction with industrial partners;
- Develops new accompanying control software for various systems, such as harvest robots, sorting systems for horticultural products, detection systems for fruit or flower yield, quality determination of fresh products and crops and other automation issues;
- Is responsible for the design of specialised mechatronic components, such as end-effectors of robots or inspection modules;
- Translates the design to practical solutions for customers; takes care of the realisation of proof-of-principles and prototypes;
- Leads and works in projects together with other academic and industrial partners;
- Conducts applied scientific research within the projects;
- Communicates relevant research results to science and practise.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious researcher agro-robotics, with:
- Academic working and thinking on the field of mechatronics, study in e.g. mechanical engineering, mechatronics, robotics, measurement and control (preferrably PhD level);
- Knowledge of mechatronic systems and experience with prototype design;
- Experience with 3D drawing and calculation software, such as SolidWorks;
- Knowledge of material properties analysis and simulation is an advantage;
- Knowledge of machine vision hardware (cameras, optics, light) and software is an advantage;
- Knowledge of sofware development. Experience with Linux, ROS, deep-learning and image analysis frameworks and different programming languages is an advantage;
- Experience with the application of such systems in the green environment and willingness to learn the challenges of horticulture;
- Is creative, thinks as a designer; combines theoretical knowledge with practical setups and implementation;
- Experience with project-based work and project leadership;
- Excellent knowledge of Dutch and English language;
- Driving License B;
- Is an enthusiastic independent researcher with good communication skills and team spirit;
- Proven project management skills
- Is customer- and quality-oriented and stress tolerant.
ConditionsA challenging position with, depending on your education and experience, a competitive salary up to a maximum of €5183,- gross per month for a full working week of 36 hours in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Wageningen Research (scale 11). At WUR you work in a (inter-) national leading organization in the field of research and education. This is a position for a duration of one year with the prospect of permanent employment if our cooperation is mutually satisfactory.
In addition, we offer:
- 8% holiday allowance;
- a fixed end-of-year bonus of 4%;
- excellent training opportunities and secondary employment conditions;
- flexible working hours and vacations can be determined in consultation with colleagues in such a way that an optimal balance between work and private life is possible;
- excellent pension plan through ABP;
- 171 vacation hours, the possibility to purchase extra and good supplementary leave schemes;
- a choice model to put together part of your employment conditions yourself, such as a bicycle plan;
- make use of the sports facilities on campus for a small fee.
Coming from abroad
Wageningen University & Research is the university and research centre for life sciences. The themes we deal with are relevant to everyone around the world and Wageningen, therefore, has a large international community and a lot to offer to international employees. Applicants from abroad moving to the Netherlands may qualify for a special tax relief, known as the 30% ruling. Our team of advisors on Dutch immigration procedures will help you with the visa application procedures for yourself and, if applicable, for your family.
Feeling welcome also has everything to do with being well informed. Wageningen University & Research's International Community page contains practical information about what we can do to support international employees and students coming to Wageningen. Furthermore, we can assist you with any additional advice and information about helping your partner to find a job, housing, schooling, and other issues.
Additional informationFor more information about the position you can contact dr. Silke Hemming, team leader research team Greenhouse Technology, email@example.com.
For more information on the procedure you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you want to apply?
You can solely apply via the Wageningen University & Research website: www.werkenbij.wur.nl.
We would like to receive your letter and complete CV no later than 1 January 2022.
Wageningen University & Research (WUR) employs a large number of people with very different backgrounds and qualities, who inspire and motivate each other. We want every talent to feel at home in our organisation and be offered the same career opportunities. We therefore especially welcome applications from people who are underrepresented at WUR. For more information please go to our inclusivity page. A good example of how WUR deals with inclusiveness can be read on the page working at WUR with a functional impairment.