3 dagen geleden - Radboud Universiteit (RU) - Nijmegen
Researcher Dynamic System Identification and Control
Biometris is the integration of the chair groups Applied Mathematics and Applied Statistics and the business unit Biometris. In the latter, we have a vacancy …
- Droevendaalsesteeg, Wageningen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 36 uur
Biometris is the integration of the chair groups Applied Mathematics and Applied Statistics and the business unit Biometris. In the latter, we have a vacancy for an applied mathematician in the field of Dynamic System Identification and Control. You will collaborate with several other WUR groups, providing expertise in mathematical modelling and tackling real-world problems. The position will be for two years but could, depending on performance and market potential, become permanent.
As an ideal candidate, you have experience in applied mathematical modelling, i.e., you can capture a biological or agricultural system of interest in a mathematical model that allows for uncertainty and sensitivity analysis, prediction and forecasting, and intelligent adaptation. Initially a large part of the work is expected to involve dynamic system identification and control in practical settings such as greenhouses; real-time processing of large amounts of data is part of the analysis. A crucial element will be the interaction with domain experts from other research groups within WUR, or from external groups. A good example is the collaboration with the business unit Greenhouse Horticulture addressing several types of control questions in greenhouses, ranging from improvements in control of greenhouse climate setpoints to the development of control for autonomous greenhouses based on crop parameters. There is ample opportunity for collaboration with other (WUR) groups, and you will get every chance to extend the range of your activities by acquiring new projects.
Your tasks will include:
- To carry out scientific projects in the field of dynamic system identification and control: a.o., to analyse and implement models of biological and agricultural systems, carry out simulations, and perform optimization and calibration;
- To acquire new projects with external partners (both bilateral and in national and international consortia) as well as with other WUR groups;
- To report scientific findings to customers and end users, as well as in conferences and peer-reviewed scientific literature.
- A PhD in applied mathematics, control theory, physics, or related field;
- At least two years of experience;
- Affinity with applied research;
- Excellent communication skills.
ConditionsWageningen University & Research offers excellent terms of employment. A few highlights from our Collective Labour Agreement include:
- working hours that can be discussed and arranged so that they allow for the best possible work-life balance;
- the option to accrue additional flexible hours by working more, up to 40 hours per week;
- sabbatical leave, study leave, and paid parental leave;
- there is a strong focus on vitality and you can make use of the sports facilities available on campus for a small fee;
- a fixed December bonus of 3%;
- excellent pension scheme.
Coming from abroad
Wageningen University & Research is the university and research centre for life sciences. The themes we deal with are relevant to everyone around the world and Wageningen, therefore, has a large international community and a lot to offer to international employees. Applicants from abroad moving to the Netherlands may qualify for a special tax relief, known as the 30% ruling. Our team of advisors on Dutch immigration procedures will help you with the visa application procedures for yourself and, if applicable, for your family.
Feeling welcome also has everything to do with being well informed. Wageningen University & Research's International Community page contains practical information about what we can do to support international employees and students coming to Wageningen. Furthermore, we can assist you with any additional advice and information about helping your partner to find a job, housing, schooling, and other issues.
Additional informationFor more information about this function, please contact Ron Wehrens, business unit manager Biometris, telephone +31 317 481247 of per e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the procedure, please contact email@example.com.
General information about Biometris can be found on https://www.wur.nl/en/Research-Results/Research-Institutes/plant-research/biometris.htm
Do you want to apply?
You can apply directly using the apply button on the vacancy page on our website which will allow us to process your personal information with your approval.
This vacancy will be listed up to and including 15th of August 2021.
We hope to schedule the first job interviews directly after.
In this first round please only send your resume and motivation letter. Any other documents will not be taken into consideration at this stage.