Faculty of Psychology and Educational SciencesThe faculty of Psychology and Educational Sciences is strong in education and research. The faculty offers …
Researcher in Land Use and Land Cover
We are looking forA new colleague who is interested in land cover and land use in relation to remote sensing and GIS applications, with the following …
- Droevendaalsesteeg, Wageningen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 36 uur
We are looking for
A new colleague who is interested in land cover and land use in relation to remote sensing and GIS applications, with the following specifications:
The new colleague should have the following ambitions:
- To raise attention to the theme land use and land cover within the national arena
- To develop methods and procedures to improve remote sensing and GIS applications
- To innovate the production of national and European land use and land cover datasets
- To model, classify and produce LGN/CLC
- To integrate and generalise different land cover datasets (e.g. a bottom up approach from national to EU level)
- To publish in peer reviewed scientific papers
- To acquire additional projects
Expertise in the following areas is useful:
- Knowledge of land cover and land use (LC/LU), crop classification, change mapping
- Knowledge of ArcGIS (model builder), Erdas, Envi, phyton, Postgres/Postgis, Access
- Harmonisation of LU/LC: generalisation and aggregation of datasets
- Knowledge of European and national datasets: LGN/BBG, Top10NL, CLC, HR layers, Urban Atlas, Riparian Zones etc
- Knowledge of INSPIRE LU/LC, Copernicus
- Knowledge of Database schemas - Entity Relation diagrams
An interested candidate for this position should have
- a MSc in Geoscience and should have proven interest in applied scientific research
- own ideas about research topics and future possibilities regarding market potentials
- innovative scientific ideas that have a social impact that could lead to a project proposal
We offer a temporary position (36 hours) for a period of 1 year with extension of 1 year after successful evaluation.
Salary depends on skills and experience, starting with € 2.675,-- gross (scale 9) to a maximum of € 4.253,-- gross (scale 10) on the basis of a full-time position (36 hours).
You will be appointed to the CAO of Wageningen Research.
We offer excellent secondary terms of employment, for example a structural -end-of- year bonus and flexibility in many respects.
Gerard Hazeu (email@example.com) - Researcher, +31 (0)317-481928 or
Henk Janssen (firstname.lastname@example.org) - Team leader, +31 (0)317 481573.
Does this challenge appeal to you and are you curious about the WUR?
In that case, please send and letter of application and a C.V.
For more information working a Wageningen University & Research take a look at www.wur.nl/career.