RIKILT Wageningen University & Research is looking for a scientist in the area of
In this position you will use literature review, stakeholder consultation, and data mining. You will work in a variety of ongoing research projects based on your broad molecular-biological background. You will be expected to write scientific papers and reports, interact with stakeholders and acquire and manage new projects in the area of safety aspects and traceability of novel biotechnological developments in the food area.
- Evaluation and improvement of risk assessment procedures for complex plant products, including GMOs and products from gene editing techniques and synthetic biology.
- Assessments of novel foods, and products from new breeding techniques and their implications for food safety.
- A doctoral degree in molecular biology or similar molecular biological expertise.
- Keen interest in aspects of food and feed safety, authenticity and traceability issues.
- Effective communication, cooperation and networking skills.
- Demonstrable good writing and project acquisition skills.
- Good mastering of the English language in speaking and writing.
An interesting research job in a team of professionals with a one year start and a possible extension, evaluated before the end of one year. The possibility for a more permanent position can be explored. We offer a salary based on position and experience (max. €4847,- gross per month) in combination with excellent secondary employment conditions.
For more information about this position, please contact dr.ir. Esther Kok (Novel Foods group leader, phone +31 (0)317-480252 , email@example.com
) or dr.ir. Lonneke van der Geest (Business unit manager Toxicology, Novel Foods & Agrochains, phone +31 (0)317- 480462, firstname.lastname@example.org
Send your application through the webpage: https://www.wur.nl/en/Jobs.htm
before August 20, 2018.