Project descriptionThe researcher will carry out research on Buddhist scriptures. This is part of the ERC-funded project, “The Composition of Buddhist …
Researcher on sustainable manure management
You are a researcher who wants to contribute to the development and realisation of more sustainable animal production systems and production chains. You are …
- Droevendaalsesteeg, Wageningen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 36 uur
- € 2609 - € 4847 per maand
You are a researcher who wants to contribute to the development and realisation of more sustainable animal production systems and production chains. You are the ideal candidate having knowledge about technical aspects of manure management, and you are capable of performing environmental analysis in an (inter)national context.
You will be involved in various types of projects, often oriented to create change towards sustainability. This can range from desk research to experimental research or facilitation of innovation activities. You have to be able to combine heterogeneous, multidisciplinary knowledge, practical insights and interaction with stakeholders to stimulate and support change at farm, chain or policy level. The projects can be at a national and international level (European projects and wider international projects). You are motivated to (eventually) take a leading role in these projects and to publish results in peer reviewed journals and reports together with other colleagues.
An enthusiastic and result-oriented early-career researcher at MSc or PhD level, to work within our interdisciplinary team where different related projects are carried out.
Key features are:
- Expertise in the multi-complexity of livestock systems and a strong engagement with sustainability.
- Experience in aspects such as environmental technology, nutrient recycling, manure policy, valorisation of manure products, wastewater technology, etc.
- A good understanding of multidisciplinary approaches to solve problems in the field of sustainable livestock systems is a pre
- Ability to initiate and execute science-based applied research
- Ability to work in networks of policy makers, scientists, industry and practitioners; ability to connect practice and (scientific) reflection
- Good stakeholder management skills
- Good organisational skills
- Good communication skills
- Fluent in English and Dutch language both scientifically and popularly
- Affinity with the animal production sector in the Netherlands and internationally.
- Potential and ambition to become project leader in some years.
- Key competences: pro-active, collaborative, flexible, client and result oriented
ConditionsA dynamic position in an excellent research team in a contract research organisation. An initial one year contract of 36 hours per week with a performance based possibility for extension and further development as a researcher and project leader. Salary depends on the qualifications and experience with the maximum of salary group 11 gross per month (€ 4.847). The salary is based on the Collective Labour Agreement of Wageningen Research. In addition, we offer a holiday allowance of 8% of the annual salary and an end of year benefit of 3%. We not only offer a competitive salary, but also good (study) leave and a pension of the ABP Pension Fund.
Additional informationMore information:
Additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from Nico Verdoes MSc (Nico.Verdoes@wur.nl), senior researcher, 0317-480481 or Ingeborg de Wolf PhD MSc (Ingeborg.firstname.lastname@example.org), head of department Livestock & Environment, 0317-488423
Could you be one of these people? We give you the space you need.
You can apply up to and including 21th May 2018