Ongeveer 23 uur geleden - Universiteit Maastricht - Maastricht
Researcher / Project Leader Food Processing Technology
We are looking for an experienced, enterprising and scientifically strong researcher / project leader Food Processing Technology who contributes to the …
ongeveer 2 maanden geleden
- Droevendaalsesteeg, Wageningen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 36 uur
FunctieomschrijvingWe are looking for an experienced, enterprising and scientifically strong researcher / project leader Food Processing Technology who contributes to the expansion of our research portfolio in the field of sustainable, healthy and safe food and the processes and technologies required for this.
Is it your ambition to be part of an exciting research environment which is dedicated to solving the greatest challenges we are facing in the food system with regards to sustainability, food quality and nutrition? Then Wageningen University & Research is the place for you!
Wageningen Food & Biobased Research, part of Wageningen University & Research, offers a challenging and market-oriented environment where motivated scientific professionals conduct research for companies, governmental organisations and knowledge institutes. The Food Technology group develops innovative knowledge and technologies that can be applied for the development of healthy, safe and sustainable products using fewer raw materials and energy. Examples include techniques for mild preservation, advanced texturization or valorisation of side streams, always aimed at optimum product quality and maintenance of microbiological safety. Your role is to apply scientific developments in the field in research projects, making use of the collaboration opportunities offered by the WUR ecosystem, the Wageningen Campus and our extensive knowledge and business network.
What are you going to do?
As a researcher / project leader Food Processing Technology you will be involved in, among other things:
- conducting and leading multidisciplinary applied science research projects in the field of food processing technology;
- developing and summarizing research results together with colleagues into (partial) reports, publications and presentations for our clients;
- the joint development of new propositions and project proposals based on developments and trends in the field, for example related to mild preservation, structuring and (microbiologically) safe food processing;
- acquiring new projects in the field of sustainable and safe food processing, together with the business development team.
- an ambitious colleague who has persuasiveness, is self-starting and quality-conscious;
- a completed academic education (Master or PhD) in a relevant field, e.g. food processing or chemical technology, with several years of work experience in the food industry or R&D environment;
- broad knowledge of sustainable and safe food processing and knowledge of innovations and trends in this field;
- an experienced project leader of applied science research projects, with excellent communication skills, and the ability to communicate at all levels with both clients and within the own organization;
- demonstrated experience in writing applied-scientific project proposals, e.g. within European or Top Sector calls;
- a good oral and written command of the English language. Command of the Dutch language (or the willingness to achieve this) is a plus.
ConditionsWageningen University & Research offers excellent terms of employment. A few highlights from our Collective Labour Agreement include:
- working hours that can be discussed and arranged so that they allow for the best possible work-life balance;
- the option to accrue additional holiday hours by working more, up to 40 hours per week;
- sabbatical leave, study leave, and paid parental leave;
- there is a strong focus on vitality and you can make use of the sports facilities available on campus for a small fee;
- a fixed December bonus of 4%;
- excellent pension scheme.
Wageningen University & Research encourages internal advancement opportunities and mobility with an internal recruitment policy. There are plenty of options for personal initiative in a learning environment, and we provide excellent training opportunities. We are offering a multi-faceted position in an international environment with a pleasant and open working atmosphere.
Wageningen University & Research encourages internal advancement opportunities and mobility with an internal recruitment policy. There are plenty of options for personal initiative in a learning environment, and we provide excellent training opportunities. We are offering a unique position in an international environment with a pleasant and open working atmosphere.
You are going to work at the greenest and most innovative campus in Holland, and at a university that has been chosen as the Best University in the Netherlands for the 16th consecutive time.
Coming from abroad
Wageningen University & Research is the university and research centre for life sciences. The themes we deal with are relevant to everyone around the world and Wageningen, therefore, has a large international community and a lot to offer to international employees. Applicants from abroad moving to the Netherlands may qualify for a special tax relief, known as the 30% ruling. Our team of advisors on Dutch immigration procedures will help you with the visa application procedures for yourself and, if applicable, for your family.
Feeling welcome also has everything to do with being well informed. Wageningen University & Research's International Community pagepage contains practical information about what we can do to support international employees and students coming to Wageningen. Furthermore, we can assist you with any additional advice and information about helping your partner to find a job, housing, schooling, and other issues.
Additional informationDO YOU WANT MORE INFORMATION?
For more information about this position, please contact Ben Langelaan, R&D manager Food Technology, telephone: +31 317 484382 or by e-mail: email@example.com.
For more information about the procedure, please contact Wilma Jansen, HR advisor, by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
DO YOU WANT TO APPLY?
You can apply directly using the apply button on the vacancy page on our website which will allow us to process your personal information with your approval.
This vacancy is open until December 17, 2021.
Do not wait with applying, if we have found a good candidate before December 17, we will close the vacancy earlier.
So if you are the experienced, enterprising and scientifically strong researcher / project leader Food Processing Technology who contributes to the expansion of our research portfolio in the field of sustainable, healthy and safe food and the processes and technologies required for this, you might be our new colleague!
Wageningen University & Research (WUR) employs a large number of people with very different backgrounds and qualities, who inspire and motivate each other. We want every talent to feel at home in our organisation and be offered the same career opportunities. We therefore especially welcome applications from people who are underrepresented at WUR. For more information please go to our inclusive webpage. A good example of how WUR deals with inclusiveness can be read on the page working at WUR with a functional impairment.