Researcher Soil laboratory method development and Biological Indicator Platform (BIOSIS)
We now seek to strengthen our team with expertise on method development of new soil biological methodologies and development of a laboratory platform for the …
- Droevendaalsesteeg, Wageningen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
We now seek to strengthen our team with expertise on method development of new soil biological methodologies and development of a laboratory platform for the assessment of soil functions. The successful candidate will be a bridge between the soil laboratories and the chairgroup staff, to identify and develop new soil biological, bio-chemical and bio-physical methodologies for research within the group. In addition the candidate will develop and manage a soil indicator scientific platform which will integrate models, data assessment and biological methods to define soil functions at a range of scales. The platform will be aimed at researchers initially to bring together methodologies and look at the potential for standardisation of methods across laboratories. Later development will include indicator assessment for farm advisors at the local scale or for policy makers at the national scale. The candidate will be asked to connect with colleagues all across Europe to link to the platform and method harmonisation.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- identify methodologies to be tested and further defined within the soil biology laboratories;
- implement new methods in the soil biology labs in collaboration with current lab staff team;
- to work with colleagues across Europe to look at method standardisation or harmonisation;
- to develop a platform for the definition of indicators for soil functions (quality and health) that will be linked to the on-going work of the LANDMARK project (http://landmark2020.eu/);
- manage an annual international laboratory skills training course, with around 20 participants
- develop a lab education course for WUR MSc students
- contribute to operational and outreach activities of the Soil Biology group and laboratories as needed.
ConditionsA challenging position for 3 years with, depending on your experience, a competitive salary from a minimum of € 3.255 to a maximum of € 4.274 for a full working week of 38 hours in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement Dutch Universities (scale 10).
In addition, we offer:
- 8% holiday allowance;
- a structural year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- excellent training opportunities and secondary employment conditions;
- flexible working hours and holidays can possibly be determined in consultation so that an optimal balance between work and private life is possible;
- excellent pension plan through ABP;
- 232 vacation hours, the option to purchase extra and good supplementary leave schemes;
- a flexible working time: the possibility to work a maximum of 2 hours per week extra and thereby to build up extra leave;
- a choice model to put together part of your employment conditions yourself, such as a bicycle plan;
- a lively workplace where you can easily make contacts and where many activities take place on the Wageningen Campus. A place where education, research and business are represented;
- use the sports facilities on campus
We offer a versatile job in an international environment with varied activities in a pleasant and open working atmosphere.
Additional informationFor more information about this position please contact Prof. dr. Rachel Creamer (firstname.lastname@example.org).
This vacancy is open up to and including 15th September 2019.