Ongeveer 24 uur geleden - Universiteit Maastricht - Maastricht
Researcher Spectral Sensing and Chemometrics
Can you see yourself acting as spectral sensing researcher in our agro food robotics team? Do you want to contribute to creating for our customers the …
ongeveer 2 maanden geleden
- Droevendaalsesteeg, Wageningen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 36 uur
FunctieomschrijvingCan you see yourself acting as spectral sensing researcher in our agro food robotics team? Do you want to contribute to creating for our customers the innovative solutions that they need? Then this is an excellent opportunity for you! We have a vacancy Researcher Spectral Sensing and Chemometrics. Are you our new colleague? Then please apply immediately!
What will you do?
As spectral sensing researcher, you understand the problems of our customer, you are able to assess the possibilities of sensor technologies, and you can explain a project approach and project results in non-scientific terms. You will be part of the Agro Food Robotics (AFR) team, part of Wageningen Food & Biobased Research. You take part in the team as researcher spectral sensing and chemometrics. You work in multidisciplinary project teams of highly educated professionals, and together you strive to find good solutions for the posed problems.
Working in our team offers you a great opportunity to get fully immersed in the world of applied research for the agro food robotics domain. You will be involved in the whole duration of each project, from the planning of the work to the delivery of the result. You will get the opportunity to learn many new things and to give a personal contribution to innovative projects. We expect you to work in multiple projects in parallel. As a valued team member, you are flexible and keen to find solutions.
What do we do?
We do contract research for clients all over the world. Their questions vary from the use of A.I. in defect detection of fresh produce, to the use of drones and robots in agriculture and food industry. Take a look at THIS LINK and/or THIS LINK to see an example of our work.
- you are an enthusiastic and ambitious researcher with expertise in spectral sensing and chemometrics with a college education in the field of electronics and electrical engineering, analytical chemistry with focus on spectroscopy, physics/optics, chemical engineering or chemometrics; a PhD in one of these fields is an advantage but practical work experience in the area of spectral sensing will also be highly relevant;
- you have experience in developing hands-on innovative sensing solutions, for example, combining OEM spectral detectors to develop stand-alone solutions;
- you have experience with new machine learning approaches such as deep learning and knowledge of programming languages such as python, MATLAB, etc.;
- you have a relevant track record of scientific publications;
- willingness to travel abroad (EU / international) is a must since visiting our clients is part of the job;
- you have good language skills in English and preferably Dutch.
ConditionsWageningen University & Research offers excellent terms of employment. A few highlights from our Collective Labour Agreement include:
- working hours that can be discussed and arranged so that they allow for the best possible work-life balance;
- the option to accrue additional compensation hours by working more, up to 40 hours per week;
- sabbatical leave, study leave, and partially paid parental leave;
- there is a strong focus on vitality and you can make use of the sports facilities available on campus for a small fee;
- a fixed December bonus of 4% (as of December 2021);
- excellent pension scheme.
Wageningen University & Research encourages internal advancement opportunities and mobility with an internal recruitment policy. There are plenty of options for personal initiative in a learning environment, and we provide excellent training opportunities. We are offering a multi-faceted position in an international environment with a pleasant and open working atmosphere.
You are going to work at the greenest and most innovative campus in Holland, and at a university that has been chosen as the Best University in the Netherlands for the 16th consecutive time.
Coming from abroad
Wageningen University & Research is the university and research centre for life sciences. The themes we deal with are relevant to everyone around the world and Wageningen, therefore, has a large international community and a lot to offer to international employees. Applicants from abroad moving to the Netherlands may qualify for a special tax relief, known as the 30% ruling. Our team of advisors on Dutch immigration procedures will help you with the visa application procedures for yourself and, if applicable, for your family.
Feeling welcome also has everything to do with being well informed. Wageningen University & Research's International Community page contains practical information about what we can do to support international employees and students coming to Wageningen. Furthermore, we can assist you with any additional advice and information about helping your partner to find a job, housing, schooling, and other issues.
Additional informationDo you want more information?
For more information about this position, please contact Dr. Nicole Koenderink, R&D Manager Post -Harvest Technology, by e-mail: email@example.com.
For more information about the procedure, please contact Rutger Voorrips, recruiter, telephone +31 317 480571 or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you want to apply?
You can apply directly using the apply button on the vacancy page on our website which will allow us to process your personal information with your approval.
Don't wait with your application. As soon as we have received good applications, we will schedule the first interviews. We look forward for your application!
Wageningen University & Research (WUR) employs a large number of people with very different backgrounds and qualities, who inspire and motivate each other. We want every talent to feel at home in our organisation and be offered the same career opportunities. We therefore especially welcome applications from people who are underrepresented at WUR. For more information please go to our inclusivity page. A good example of how WUR deals with inclusiveness can be read on the page working at WUR with a functional impairment.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature