Faculty of Psychology and Educational SciencesThe faculty of Psychology and Educational Sciences is strong in education and research. The faculty offers …
Scientific researcher/Post-doc Computer Vision in horticulture (36 hours)
Executes projects in the field of advanced automated horticultural production systems with a focus on computer vision applications.Develops new image analysis …
- Droevendaalsesteeg, Wageningen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 36 uur
- Executes projects in the field of advanced automated horticultural production systems with a focus on computer vision applications.
- Develops new image analysis and control software for the detection of diseases and pests in the green environment, develops quality detection systems for fresh products and crops, might also contribute to the development of (harvesting) robotics systems.
- Is responsible for the development of the control of mechatronic components via digital and analogue interfaces within complex mechatronic systems in the green environment.
- Is project employee in complex projects together with various academic and industrial partners.
- Conducts applied scientific research within the projects.
- Communicates relevant research results to practice and science.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious researcher computer vision, with:
- Background in computer vision, study of natural or biomedical science, holds a PhD.
- Knowledge of various image analysis techniques, data analysis methods, classification and statistics.
- Knowledge of lighting, optics and camera systems (2D, 3D) including calibration and control.
- Proven experience with the structured development of complex software, programming in C ++ and C #.
- Experience with Halcon and / or LabView and / or Matlab is an advantage.
- Experience with multi / hyperspectral cameras and analysis techniques.
- Knowledge and experience with image processing in the green environment and the willingness to learn the challenges of horticulture.
- Excellent knowledge of English language.
- Driving License B.
- Experience with project-based work.
- Is an enthusiastic independent researcher with good communication skills and team spirit.
- Is customer- and quality-oriented and stress tolerant.
ConditionsWe offer a temporary employment contract with an average working week of 36 hours, salary a maximum of € 4847, - gross per month for a full working week (scale 11) and depending on education and experience. The duration of the employment contract is initially for the period of one year with possibilities for extension. In addition to a market-based salary, we offer you good study and leave arrangements and a pension plan with the ABP Pension Fund.
Additional informationFor more information about this position, please contact dr. Silke Hemming, team leader research team Greenhouse Technology, tel. 0317-486921.
Information about employment can be obtained from Marike Westra, HRM department, tel. 0317-480324.
You can apply online via www.wur.eu/career until March 31, 2018.
The mission of Wageningen University & Research is "To explore the potential of nature to improve the quality of life". Within Wageningen University & Research, nine specialised research institutes from the Wageningen Research Foundation and Wageningen University have joined forces to help answer the most important questions in the domain of healthy food and living environment.
With approximately 30 locations, 5,000 employees, and 10,000 students, Wageningen University & Research is one of the leading organisations in its domain worldwide. An integrated approach to problems and the cooperation between various disciplines are at the heart of the unique approach of Wageningen.
For further information about working at Wageningen University & Research, take a look at thespecial career site.
Wageningen University & Research, business unit Greenhouse Horticulture, is the internationally leading contract research institute for greenhouse horticulture. We focus on innovations in the greenhouse horticulture sector. Together with industry, science and government, questions on greenhouse design, crop management and cultivation are analyzed and translated into application-oriented research and innovation processes. The business unit Greenhouse Horticulture has about 80 employees and three research teams:
- Crop health, water and growing medium
- Crop physiology and management
- Greenhouse Technology
Programme Agro Food Robotics
The Agro Food Robotics programme is a new programme within Wageningen with focus on Agro Food Robotics expertise, a joint proposition and collaboration of different research groups within WUR. It covers computer vision and robotics research in the chain from breeding, via primary production and post-harvest to supply networks with primary focus on the plant chain. Aim is to grow, strengthen and connect Agro Food Robotics further within Wageningen.
The research topics are:
- Precision farming (computer vision and robotics parts thereof)
- Robotic harvesting
- Non-destructive measurements
- Automated quality assessment
- Automated vision guided phenotyping
- 3D reconstruction & hyperspectral imaging
- Quality phenomics (computer vision and robotics parts thereof)