The Department of Mathematics and Computer Science has a vacancy for two PhD students in the section CASA.
Scientist/Consultant Post Harvest Technology
Are you interested in innovative and practical solutions for fresh supply chains? In combating food waste in the supply chain? In improving product quality …
- Droevendaalsesteeg, Wageningen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 36 uur
FunctieomschrijvingAre you interested in innovative and practical solutions for fresh supply chains? In combating food waste in the supply chain? In improving product quality for the consumer? Would you like to work in an organisation where you get room and opportunities to learn, to develop and to turn challenges into successes together? Then let us know quickly that you want to strengthen our growing team!
We are looking for a skilful post-harvest researcher, full of initiative and with good communication skills, and affinity for finding innovative solutions for our clients. Together with your colleagues in the Post-Harvest Technology group, you conduct new research for our clients, pick up on the latest scientific developments and translate them into practical applications. You are in regular contact with companies, and advise them on long-term storage and post-harvest treatment of fresh products. You help them to improve the quality of their fresh products and to reduce the risks of damage. You do this by applying knowledge of product physiology and storage technology.
You are a team player who, together with your colleagues, carries out innovative and multi-disciplinary research to solve the problems that clients face in the area of post-harvest quality of fresh products. Sometimes you are the project manager, sometimes you work in the research team. In addition, you use your experience and network to support the sales team in acquiring new research projects. You enjoy carrying out part of your work abroad.
- You are a practically minded academic with strong communication skills (with a relevant degree, e.g. agricultural technology, horticulture or similar),
- You have experience or a strong affinity with research,
- You are enterprising, take the initiative, and have a strong focus on results,
- You have knowledge of post harvest physiology (ripening, aging, quality loss) and technology (cooling technology, CA storage) related to fresh products such as fruit, vegetables, flower and plants, and the willingness to continue to develop this knowledge,
- You are interested in the latest scientific developments, and know how to translate these to practical applications,
- You are capable of building and maintaining a network and client base,
- You have a good verbal and written command of Dutch and English.
ConditionsA job at a commercial organisation that will challenge you every day to provide our clients with the best possible solution. As Scientist/Consultant Post-Harvest Technology you will be part of an ambitious team working on a wide range of issues with plenty of scope for initiative. Personal input and responsibility are an integral part of our culture.
We offer a temporary position with an average working time of 36 hours per week. The contract is initially for the period of 1 year, with the possibility of a permanent employment contract in the future. Gross salary is € 4847,- maximum per month. We not only offer a competitive salary but also good (study) leave and a pension of the ABP Pension Fund.
Additional informationFor more information about this position, please contact Nicole Koenderink (R&D manager), telephone number +31 317 480 225 or Franck van der Geijn (consultant post-harvest technology), +31 317 481 318 .
For more information about the contractual aspects, please contact Wilma Jansen (HRM department), email Wilma.firstname.lastname@example.org
You can apply online at www.wur.nl/en/Jobs/Vacancies.htm until April 30, 2018.