Are you looking for a PhD opportunity and are you interested in a challenging research project in human microbiota? Then the role as PhD student ‘modelling of …
Scientist/Project Manager Conceptual Modelling
Do you see a role for innovative computer science research in developing a healthy and sustainable society? Then we are looking for you!Consumers make daily …
- Droevendaalsesteeg, Wageningen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 36 uur
FunctieomschrijvingDo you see a role for innovative computer science research in developing a healthy and sustainable society? Then we are looking for you!
- Consumers make daily decisions about what to eat - or not to eat. What is healthy depends on the characteristics of the person themselves, and their recent food consumption. Our research models knowledge from scientific literature, data on what food products contain, expert knowledge from dieticians, personal characteristics such as allergies, and measurements of the food intake of a specific consumer. How can we bring all this knowledge together in a model and use it for automated, well-founded advice?
- The global population is threatened with a shortage of protein for human consumption. At the same time, optimal use is not being made of resources that contain protein. How can big data and knowledge models help to draw up the different scenarios and calculate their effects, thereby helping to optimise future protein supplies?
We are looking for a researcher who can think and model on a conceptual level, and who can also, as project manager, successfully carry out a research project for our clients.
You apply your expertise in a practical setting to ask the right questions and to create the necessary structure. Think for example of modelling expert knowledge and data to detect potential food health risks in the international dairy supply chain. For this, you need to be able to handle multi-lingual data, unclear and missing information in poorly structured data sources. It is important to be able to improvise, and to keep asking questions until you reach the heart of the matter. In this way, you work on an innovative solution that helps the client, mostly in the form of software. A good example of our work is the development of a webapp with which people with an acquired brain injury can cook independently. The challenge in this case is to capture implicit recipe and preparation knowledge in an explicit logical model: a surprisingly complex problem.
As a conceptual modeller, you have good analytical skills. You have the critical and creative attitude of a researcher, but also keep an eye on what design choices mean for the user. For this reason, the ability to communicate and listen well is a necessary requirement. You can also express yourself well in writing, both to clients and in scientific publications.
As a project manager, you speak the language of our client, and work with your team on innovative solutions that can be applied in practice. You are in continual contact with the client and maintain an enthusiastic and efficient multidisciplinary project team to translate questions into concrete solutions.
With us, you get the chance to learn many new things, and to make a personal contribution to innovative projects. We expect that you can function well both independently and in a team, in many projects simultaneously. This requires flexibility and a focus on solutions.
An enthusiastic and ambitious Scientist/Project manager Conceptual Modelling, with
- a university degree in computer science, mathematics, artificial intelligence or similar, preferably a PhD,
- enthusiasm for working on innovative solutions for practical questions in the area of sustainable supply chains and healthy food
- demonstrable experience with conceptual modelling,
- demonstrable experience with project management,
- interest in developments in ICT, both societal and scientific,
- affinity for publishing research results,
- affinity for carrying out national and international projects,
- knowledge of technologies for knowledge representation and semantic data modelling,
- an independent attitude but also team spirit,
- a sociable personality with an ability to put things into perspective,
- a constant drive to improve yourself and the team.
ConditionsA job at a commercial organisation that will challenge you every day to provide our clients with the best possible solution. As Scientist/Project manager Conceptual Modelling, you will be part of an ambitious team working on a wide range of issues with plenty of scope for initiative. Personal input and responsibility are an integral part of our culture.
We offer a temporary position with an average working time of 36 hours per week. The contract is initially for the period of 1 year, with the possibility of a permanent employment contract in the future. Gross salary is € 4847,- maximum per month. We not only offer a competitive salary but also good (study) leave and a pension of the ABP Pension Fund.
Additional informationFor more information about this position, please contact Nicole Koenderink (R&D manager), telephone number +31 317 480 225 .
For more information about the contractual aspects, please contact Wilma Jansen (HRM department), email Wilma.email@example.com
You can apply online at www.wur.nl/en/Jobs/Vacancies.htm until April 30, 2018.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature