Do you see a role for yourself in contributing to innovative Supply Chain Development projects for a healthy and sustainable society, and to work on these with a diverse team of colleagues and partner organisations? Then we are looking for you!
These are just two examples of questions that we are working on for our clients.
- For the Indian market, a product-market analysis must be carried out to provide the foundation for a (new) setup for the corresponding agrologistic fresh supply chain. Which data are necessary, and how can we get them? How do I optimise the chain so that all stakeholders realise a profit, and the export position of the country is improved?
- If we want to reduce food waste in the dairy supply chain in the Netherlands, what are the optimal amounts to order, given the very specific characteristics of the supply chains of the three largest Dutch supermarket chains?
We are looking for an enthusiastic colleague with a thorough knowledge of logistics, distribution, supply chain management and optimisation in agrifood supply chains, with a passion for national and international applied research for our clients.
As a supply chain development researcher, you work together with the rest of the team in projects that lead to usable results and satisfied clients. You contribute to the design and guidance of interventions and pilots, by means of which diverse questions in the area of sustainable and profitable agrologistics can be answered.
We expect you to operate in international projects in Africa, Asia and South America, with a sensitivity for the different (work) cultures. In addition to this, you participate in innovative projects in the Netherlands. You have a practical approach and a burning desire to ensure that the solution that comes out of the research is put into practice. You have good communication and listening skills.
Together with your colleagues, you work on the development of (re-)usable solutions for similar problems. You enjoy publishing your work, in both industrial and scientific publications.
With us, you get the chance to learn many new things, and to make a personal contribution to innovative projects. We expect that you can function well both independently and in a team, in many projects simultaneously. This requires flexibility and a focus on solutions.
An enthusiastic and ambitious scientist supply chain development, with:
- a university degree in the area of logistics or supply chain development, with affinity for Operations Research / Optimisation,
- affinity for publishing research results,
- a sociable and creative personality,
- an independent attitude and team spirit,
- willingness to travel abroad,
- constant drive to improve yourself and the team,
- affinity for the agrifood domain and/or food streams
- a good command of Dutch and English. Knowledge of French or Spanish is an advantage.
A job at a commercial organisation that will challenge you every day to provide our clients with the best possible solution. As Scientist Supply Chain Development you will be part of an ambitious team working on a wide range of issues with plenty of scope for initiative. Personal input and responsibility are an integral part of our culture.
We offer a temporary position with an average working time of 36 hours per week. The contract is initially for the period of 1 year, with the possibility of a permanent employment contract in the future. Gross salary is € 4253,- maximum per month. We not only offer a competitive salary but also good (study) leave and a pension of the ABP Pension Fund.
For more information about this position, please contact Nicole Koenderink (R&D manager), telephone number +31 317 480 225 .
For more information about the contractual aspects, please contact Wilma Jansen (HRM department), email: email@example.com
You can apply online at www.wur.nl/en/Jobs/Vacancies.htm
until April 30, 2018.