Senior Researcher Animal Health and Welfare
Do you have a strong affiliation with animal health including animal welfare? Are you a skilled project leader and do you like to work in multidisciplinary …
- Droevendaalsesteeg, Wageningen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 36 uur
FunctieomschrijvingDo you have a strong affiliation with animal health including animal welfare? Are you a skilled project leader and do you like to work in multidisciplinary teams?
Wageningen University & Research, department Animal Health and Welfare is looking for:
Researcher and project leader for animal health and welfare
We are looking for a new researcher who will play a role in animal health, prevention and strategies to reduce antibiotic usages.
The Department Animal Health and Welfare is an enthusiastic team of about 40 employees working on innovation, research and knowledge exchange. Many research challenges have an interdisciplinary character and concern major themes like animal welfare, transport, responsible livestock farming and animal health. The department works on welfare and health of cattle, swine, poultry and fish, and on smart livestock farming with sensor technology and big data analyses.
- A PhD degree in animal health and welfare or related field
- Demonstrable expertise in the livestock health and welfare field
- Strong affiliation with animal health and welfare
- resilience and one health
- animal physiology
- understanding of the biology underlying complex phenotype welfare and health
- Ability to develop research and innovation programs and project proposals
- Ability to initiate (acquire) and execute science-based applied research
- Good organizational and excellent communication skills
- Contacts in relevant national and international networks
- Project leaders skills and competences demonstrated by leading projects
- The ability to work in multidisciplinary team
- a position for at most 36 hours per week, for a period of two years with the intent to be extended;
- being part of an excellent research team in a contract research organisation;
- salary depends on your qualifications and experience (salary scale 11, maximum €5,057). The salary is based on the Collective Labour Agreement of Wageningen Research.
- 8% holiday allowance;
- a structural end-of-year bonus of 3%;
- excellent training opportunities and secondary employment conditions;
- flexible working hours and holidays can possibly be settled in consultation so that an optimal balance between work and private life is possible;
- excellent pension plan through ABP;
- 171 vacation hours, the possibility to purchase extra and good supplementary leave schemes;
- a flexible model to put together part of your employment conditions yourself, such as a bicycle plan;
- a lively workplace where you can easily make contacts and where many activities take place on the Wageningen Campus. A place where education, research and business are represented;
- make use of the sports facilities on campus.
Additional informationAdditional information
Additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from Dr Annemarie Rebel: Annemarie.firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 13 October 2019
Agencies are kindly requested not to respond