Ongeveer 23 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
Teacher Applied Ethics/ Philosophy of Science
Are you our philosopher who combines creativity with enthusiasm for teaching applied ethics or philosophy of science? Are you interested in applying and …
- Droevendaalsesteeg, Wageningen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 28 - 28 uur
Are you our philosopher who combines creativity with enthusiasm for teaching applied ethics or philosophy of science? Are you interested in applying and further developing your teaching skills in courses for diverse student groups, and crafting new education activities?
Then we are looking for you to join our group!
You are a teacher with a broad background in (applied) philosophy, and affinity with ethical issues in relation to the environment, climate change, and health/life sciences. The successful candidate will contribute to courses we offer in BSc and MSc programs of Wageningen University. These consist of lectures and tutorials in applied (notably environmental) ethics and philosophy of science; and supervision and grading of student work. The position also includes mentoring of interdisciplinary MSc student teams in the Academic Consultancy Training. The courses are often in English but also include Dutch-spoken classes. We will facilitate you to follow and complete the University Teaching Qualification (BKO) trajectory in case you do not have it yet. This is a teaching position, but we will support and coach you if you have ambitions in research, especially if this is in the key research domains of our Philosophy group (public health ethics; animal/environmental ethics; philosophy of technology).
All candidates should fulfil at least the following requirements:
- PhD in philosophy (or close to completing their PhD);
- experience in philosophy education at BSc and MSc level;
- affinity with specific scientific domains (preferably environmental sciences; climate science), and ability to acquire a basic understanding of key concepts and issues within these domains;
- excellent Dutch, and English language proficiency (a minimum of CEFR C1 level). For more information about this proficiency level, please visit our special language page.
- able to work in an interdisciplinary environment and with students who have a natural science of social sciences background;
- creative in developing (and improving) course elements that engage and challenge students;
- an enthusiastic person who contributes to the social environment of our group.
ConditionsWe offer you a challenging position of 0.7 fte (28 hours per week) for one year which, after a positive evaluaation can be extended for another 2 years. Depending on your experience, a competitive salary from a minimum of €2.709,- to a maximum of €4.274,- for a full working week of 38 hours in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement Dutch Universities (scale 10).
In addition, we offer:
- 8% holiday allowance;
- a structural year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- excellent training opportunities and secondary employment conditions;
- flexible working hours and holidays can possibly be determined in consultation so that an optimal balance between work and private life is possible;
- excellent pension plan through ABP;
- 232 vacation hours, the option to purchase extra and good supplementary leave schemes;
- a flexible working time: the possibility to work a maximum of 2 hours per week extra and thereby to build up extra leave;
- a choice model to put together part of your employment conditions yourself, such as a bicycle plan;
- a lively workplace where you can easily make contacts and where many activities take place on the Wageningen Campus. A place where education, research and business are represented;
- use the sports facilities on campus.
We offer a versatile job in an international environment with varied activities in a pleasant and open working atmosphere.
Additional informationFor more information please contact prof dr Marcel Verweij (email@example.com).
For more information about the Chair group Philosophy, please visit: https://www.wur.nl/en/Research-Results/Chair-groups/Social-Sciences/Philosophy-Group.htm
You can apply up and until 3 November 2019. The first job interviews will take place on 14 and 18 November 2019.
Please use the vacancy link, and upload your motivation letter, your CV (including a brief description of the nature of classes you have taught), references, and student evaluations if available.
The position is to start on 15 February 2020 or earlier if possible.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature