Teacher Philosophy of Science
Are you a philosopher who combines creativity with enthusiasm for teaching philosophy of science, with a specific affinity with life sciences, agriculture and …
ongeveer een maand geleden
- Droevendaalsesteeg, Wageningen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 28 - 28 uur
- € 4474 - € 4474 per maand
FunctieomschrijvingAre you a philosopher who combines creativity with enthusiasm for teaching philosophy of science, with a specific affinity with life sciences, agriculture and environment? Do you like to create and to try out new methods for blended and small-scale teaching?
We seek a teacher who will inspire students as well as colleagues to systematically think about the possibilities and limitations of science and technology - notably in the knowledge domains of biology, environment and agriculture.
You will contribute to courses we offer in BSc and MSc programs of Wageningen University, and develop methods that can be used in the broader academic team. This is a teaching position, but we will support and coach you if you have ambitions in research, especially if this is in the key research domains of our Philosophy Group (public health ethics; animal/environmental ethics; philosophy of technology).
- PhD in philosophy;
- experience in philosophy education at BSc/MSc level;
- a strong affinity with life sciences, agricultural and environmental sciences and ability to acquire a basic understanding of key concepts and issues within these domains;
- hold of the Dutch University Teaching Qualification (UTQ; in Dutch "BKO") or willing to complete this after starting the position;
- excellent English language proficiency (a minimum of CEFR C1 level). You can find more information about this proficiency level, please visit our special language page.
- ability to work in an interdisciplinary environment and with students who have a natural science or social sciences background;
- creativity in developing (and improving) course elements that engage and challenge students;
- an enthusiastic person who contributes to the social environment of our group.
ConditionsWageningen University & Research offers excellent terms of employment. A few highlights from our Collective Labour Agreement include:
- sabbatical leave, study leave, and paid parental leave;
- working hours that can be discussed and arranged so that they allow for the best possible work-life balance;
- the option to accrue additional holiday hours by working more, up to 40 hours per week;
- there is a strong focus on vitality and you can make use of the sports facilities available on campus for a small fee;
- a fixed December bonus of 8.3%;
- excellent pension scheme.
Our Education Career Path offers teachers an attractive career perspective. With this, WUR indicates the importance of high-quality and innovative academic education. We offer you a versatile job in an international environment with a pleasant and open working atmosphere.
You are going to work at the greenest and most innovative campus in Holland, and at a university that has been chosen as the "Best University" in the Netherlands for the 16th consecutive time.
Coming from abroad
Wageningen University & Research is the university and research centre for life sciences. The themes we deal with are relevant to everyone around the world and Wageningen, therefore, has a large international community and a lot to offer to international employees. Applicants from abroad moving to the Netherlands may qualify for a special tax relief, known as the 30% ruling. Our team of advisors on Dutch immigration procedures will help you with the visa application procedures for yourself and, if applicable, for your family.
Feeling welcome also has everything to do with being well informed. Wageningen University & Research's International Community page contains practical information about what we can do to support international employees and students coming to Wageningen. Furthermore, we can assist you with any additional advice and information about helping your partner to find a job, housing, schooling, and other issues.
Additional informationFor more information about this position please contact prof. dr. Marcel Verweij via firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the procedure, please contact Sandra Willemsen, Corporate recruiter or Bianca Aversteeg, Recruitment support via email@example.com.
Do you want to apply?
You can apply directly using the apply button on the vacancy page on our website which will allow us to process your personal information with your approval.
This vacancy will be listed up to and including the 10th of October, 2021. We hope to schedule the first job interviews in week 42.
To apply please upload your motivation letter and your cv including; a brief description of the nature of classes you have taught, references, and student evaluations if available.
Wageningen University & Research (WUR) employs a large number of people with very different backgrounds and qualities, who inspire and motivate each other. We want every talent to feel at home in our organisation and be offered the same career opportunities. We therefore especially welcome applications from people who are underrepresented at WUR. For more information please go to our inclusivity page. A good example of how WUR deals with inclusiveness can be read on the page working at WUR with a functional impairment.