Ongeveer 23 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Delft (TUD) - Delft
Teacher Plant Sciences and Biology
Do you have a PhD in a plant science, biology or a related field and a passion for education? Are you interested in applying and further developing your …
- Droevendaalsesteeg, Wageningen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 32 uur
FunctieomschrijvingDo you have a PhD in a plant science, biology or a related field and a passion for education? Are you interested in applying and further developing your teaching skills as well as designing innovative education activities?
Then we are looking for you to join our group!
As a successful candidate, you will become part of a chair group with a strong passion for education. Within the Laboratory of Nematology, we teach a broad range of courses. We also give a number of introductory courses in the field of plant sciences, ecology and molecular biology in which nematodes do not play a central role. We are looking for an educational omnivore who is able to contribute to courses we offer in BSc and MSc programs of Wageningen University (offered in Dutch and English). The majority of courses concern small-scale education focused on teaching students research competencies with a strong emphasis on the development of academic writing skills. Within this teaching position, we will coach you in your ambitions to further develop your teaching and educational design skills.
- A PhD degree in a plant science, biology or related research field.
- A strong affinity with teaching research competencies (e.g. experimental design and academic writing skills).
- The ability and interest to guide groupwork.
- Interest in working on educational design and innovation while taking into account the position of courses within their education program.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an interest to play an active role in the functioning and atmosphere of our chair group.
ConditionsWe offer you a challenging position of 0.8 fte (32 hours per week) for two years. Depending on your experience, a competitive salary from a minimum of € 3.123 to a maximum of € 4.274 for a full working week of 38 hours in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement Dutch Universities (scale 10).
In addition, we offer:
- 8% holiday allowance;
- a structural year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- excellent training opportunities and secondary employment conditions;
- flexible working hours and holidays can possibly be determined in consultation so that an optimal balance between work and private life is possible;
- excellent pension plan through ABP;
- 232 vacation hours, the option to purchase extra and good supplementary leave schemes;
- a flexible working time: the possibility to work a maximum of 2 hours per week extra and thereby to build up extra leave;
- a choice model to put together part of your employment conditions yourself, such as a bicycle plan;
- a lively workplace where you can easily make contacts and where many activities take place on the Wageningen Campus. A place where education, research and business are represented;
- use the sports facilities on campus.
Additional informationFor more information about this function, please contact dr. Jet Vervoort (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For more information about the procedure, please contact email@example.com.
General information about The Laboratory of Nematology can be found on https://www.wur.nl/en/Research-Results/Chair-groups/Plant-Sciences/Laboratory-of-Nematology.htm
This vacancy is open until 21st of November 2019.
You can online only through: www.wur.eu/career
The first job interviews will take place on 28th of November 2019.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature