Are you the highly motivated and ambitious Technical Assistant? Then we are looking for you!At the Laboratory of Microbiology we study genetic, ecological, …
- Droevendaalsesteeg, Wageningen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
FunctieomschrijvingAre you the highly motivated and ambitious Technical Assistant? Then we are looking for you!
At the Laboratory of Microbiology we study genetic, ecological, evolutionary and physiological aspects of various microorganisms. We are looking for a highly motivated and ambitious technical assistant to support our ongoing research activities. As a research technician you will work in a large team of researchers, technicians, support staff and students who are working on different research topics related to microbiology. The main focus of the research technician will be to support ongoing research activities in the Laboratory of Microbiology by managing and maintaining research equipment, and developing and performing analytical procedures and analyses.
We expect that the candidate is able to work together in a dynamic and diverse group of people, and to easily adapt to different working conditions. We are looking for an experienced technician with expertise in at least some of the following:
- General microbiology techniques of microorganisms;
- basic knowledge in molecular techniques (DNA/RNA extraction, PCR, qPCR);
- microscopy (Light, fase-contrast en fluorescence microscopy);
- single cell techniques (Flowcytometry, FACS, microfluidics);
- sequencing technologies (Illumina, Nanopore, library preparation);
- design, method development and maintenance of small-scale bioreactors for the cultivation of microorganisms;
- chromatography techniques (HPLC-RI/ELSD/UV, GC-TCD/PDD, GC-MS).
- Higher Education degree (BSc or MSc) or relevant higher education;
- relevant working experience (e.g. research support in a laboratory);
- able to independently develop, perform and instruct her/his expertise;
- design and perform proper research experiments with her/his expertise;
- fluent in speaking and writing the English language (Level B2);
- experience in coordinating the daily activities in the laboratory;
- strong social skills and experience in working in international, multidisciplinary teams.
ConditionsWe offer a challenging position with, depending on your experience, a competitive salary from a minimum of €2329,- to a maximum of €3144,- for a full working week of 38 hours in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement Wageningen University (scale 7).
It is for a start of one year, but after positive evaluation there will be an extension of one year with the perspective of an permanent contract.
In addition, we offer:
- 8% holiday allowance;
- a structural end-of year bonus of 8.3%;
- excellent training opportunities and secondary employment conditions;
- flexible working hours that we determine together in good consultation;
- excellent pension plan through ABP;
- 232 vacation hours, the option to purchase extra and good supplementary leave schemes, e.g. the possibility to work a maximum of 2 hours per week extra for extra leave;
- a flexible model to put together part of your employment conditions yourself, such as a bicycle plan;
- a lively workplace on the Wageningen Campus;
- make use of the sports facilities on campus for a small fee.
Additional informationFor more information about the procedure you can contact Joes van Meurs, HR Advisor, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you want to apply?
This can be done directly via the application button at the vacancy on our website so that we can process your personal data with your permission. This vacancy is open until 1st of December 2020.
Equal opportunities employer
We are an employer that offers equal opportunities. We are happy to receive applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of race, gender, functional impairment, religion / belief, sexual orientation or age.
We believe that a diverse and inclusive working environment makes us a more relevant, competitive and resilient organization. Click here for more information about working at WUR with a functional impairment.