Technical Assistant Plant Ecology and Nature Conservation
Are you interested in ecological research and education? Do you like to help teach BSc and MSc students and assist PhD students and staff members with their …
ongeveer 2 maanden geleden
- Droevendaalsesteeg, Wageningen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
FunctieomschrijvingAre you interested in ecological research and education? Do you like to help teach BSc and MSc students and assist PhD students and staff members with their research? Then we invite you to apply to become technical assistant in our team!
At the Plant Ecology and Nature Conservation group, technical assistants support the logistics and planning of research and teaching activities and assist with research in the field, greenhouse and lab. We are currently looking for a self-directed, responsible person who can work independently, who likes to be involved in scientific research and who likes to solve practical problems with limited resources. We are looking for someone with a can-do attitude and a flexible mindset as the position involves a variety of work environments, activities and collaboration with people from different backgrounds.
- a degree at a University (MSc) or Applied university in ecology, or a related discipline received less than 5 years ago;
- a team player who can also work well independently;
- effective communication skills in Dutch and English;
- a flexible and practical mind-set;
- a solution oriented attitude;
- strong organisation- and planning skills;
- strong computer skills (R, ArcGIS, working with large data sets);
- experience in working outdoors;
- experience with teaching (groups);
- possession of a drivers' licence
ConditionsWageningen University & Research offers excellent terms of employment. A few highlights from our Collective Labour Agreement include:
- sabbatical leave, study leave, and paid parental leave;
- working hours that can be discussed and arranged so that they allow for the best possible work-life balance;
- the option to accrue additional holiday hours by working more, up to 40 hours per week;
- there is a strong focus on vitality and you can make use of the sports facilities available on campus for a small fee;
- a fixed December bonus of 8.3%;
- excellent pension scheme.
There are plenty of options for personal initiative in a learning environment, and we provide excellent training opportunities. We are offering a unique position in an international environment with a pleasant and open working atmosphere.
You are going to work at the greenest and most innovative campus in Holland, and at a university that has been chosen as the "Best University" in the Netherlands for the 16th consecutive time.
Coming from abroad
Wageningen University & Research is the university and research centre for life sciences. The themes we deal with are relevant to everyone around the world and Wageningen, therefore, has a large international community and a lot to offer to international employees. Applicants from abroad moving to the Netherlands may qualify for a special tax relief, known as the 30% ruling. Our team of advisors on Dutch immigration procedures will help you with the visa application procedures for yourself and, if applicable, for your family.
Feeling welcome also has everything to do with being well informed. Wageningen University & Research's International Community page contains practical information about what we can do to support international employees and students coming to Wageningen. Furthermore, we can assist you with any additional advice and information about helping your partner to find a job, housing, schooling, and other issues.
Additional informationTo learn more about this position, please contact Prof. dr. D. Kleijn; tel: +31 (0)317485807; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional information about the process please contact Edgar Tijhuis, corporate recruiter, e-mail: email@example.com
You can apply up to and including 24 September 2021. Interviews are planned for mid-October.
Applications must include (1) a cover letter summarizing your motivation to apply, (2) your CV, (3) the names of two references which you can mention in your CV.
Wageningen University & Research (WUR) employs a large number of people with very different backgrounds and qualities, who inspire and motivate each other. We want every talent to feel at home in our organisation and be offered the same career opportunities. We therefore especially welcome applications from people who are underrepresented at WUR. For more information please go to our inclusivity page. A good example of how WUR deals with inclusiveness can be read on the page working at WUR with a functional impairment.