1 dag geleden - Universiteit Twente (UT) - Enschede
Tenure Track - Assistant Professor - Bioreactor engineering
Are you ready for the next step in your scientific career to step into this challenging and meaningful Tenure track position? Do you want to apply your …
- Droevendaalsesteeg, Wageningen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
Are you ready for the next step in your scientific career to step into this challenging and meaningful Tenure track position? Do you want to apply your knowledge to contribute to global food challenges? Are you eager to explore the next steps in this scientific field and willing to inspire, teach and motivate our students?
We are looking for a highly motivated, open-minded researcher and teacher at an Assistant Professor level. We seek a colleague with a strong established track record in Bioreactor Engineering, who is scientifically excellent, as shown by an excellent publication record, and an inspiring teacher.
You will build a research group in this field and combine a thorough understanding of Bioprocess Engineering with an affinity for microbial metabolic systems. Possible areas of expertise may include microbial growth and product formation, fermentation technology and upscaling.
You will develop your own research line, attract research funds for this, and build up a leading international position. As a teacher, you will guide and motivate our students - both at introductory and more advanced levels - and develop new courses.
You are an ambitious and enthusiastic scientist. You are a great team member, devoted to research and education. To further strengthen our group, your profile should show
- a successfully completed academic study in microbial biotechnology, bioprocess or chemical engineering, or comparable discipline (MSc level, recognized in the Netherlands).
- a PhD in bioprocess engineering or a comparable discipline.
- knowledge and expertise in microbial metabolic discipline.
- developed management skills and experienced in leading complex projects
- outstanding research achievements and an excellent track record of publications in leading journals.
- experience with acquisition of research funding, as shown for example by awarded scholarships or grants.
- an (international) network and the communication skills required for competitive (international) project acquisition.
- didactic qualities and enthusiasm for teaching and working with students and experience in teaching in the area of bioreactor engineering.
- You are willing to contribute to the teamgoals and show you are a great team member
ConditionsTenure Track is a career path for scientists who pursue to excel in education and research. We seek to attract scientific talent and to stimulate and support their development. The career path consists of a number of successive career steps from Assistant Professor to Associate Professor to possibly Personal Professor. Excellent performance and seniority can be rewarded with an appointment as Associate Professor. For additional information please visit https://www.wur.nl/en/Jobs/Why-choose-Wageningen-University-Research/Your-development-in-focus/Tenure-Track.htm
We offer a temporary 7 year contract for 38 hours per week (fulltime), which can lead to a permanent employment contract. The salary depends on your work experience & expertise and is according to the Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities scale 11. You also have the opportunity to work 40 hours a week with additional holidays.
In addition we offer
- 8% holiday allowance and a structural 8.3% year-end bonus
- excellent training opportunities and secondary employment conditions;
- 232 vacation hours, the option to purchase extra and good supplementary leave schemes;
- a flexible working time: the possibility to work a maximum of 2 hours per week extra and thereby to build up extra leave;
- a choice model to put together part of your employment conditions yourself, such as a bicycle plan;
- a lively workplace where you can easily make contacts and where many activities take place on the Wageningen Campus. A place where education, research and business are represented;
- use the sports facilities on campus.
We offer a versatile job in an international environment with varied activities in a pleasant and open working atmosphere.
Additional informationMore information
Do you want to learn more about this position? Please get in touch with Rene Wijffels, Rene.Wijffels@wur.nl, +31(0) 317 482954.
You are welcome and encouraged to apply via the button on top of this page until the 1st of November 2019. In your application, please include your vision about research and education in the field of Bioreactor engineering and design (max. 2 pages).
Please don't send your application via e-mail, but apply online by uploading your CV and letter of motivation at www.wageningenur.nl/en/Jobs/Vacancies.htm