Do you want to work in the dynamic world of fundamental science and technology of micro- and nanosystems and their applications in food and health?
Are you interested in research and education in the wide range from inorganic, dynamic supramolecular chemistry in solution and on surfaces, to biomedical use of nanomaterials and microfluidic technologies?
Do you get passionate about the development of for example multimodal diagnostic and theragnostic agents, and the fabrication of microfluidic sensing systems based on optical/fluorescence and NMR spectroscopy?
We , the BioNanoTechnology group, are looking for an Assistant Professor (Tenure Track) in the field of Magnetic Resonance Technology. In a challenging career trajectory you are responsible for the organization, implementation and coordination of new research activities in the field of Magnetic Resonance Technology as well as building up a leading international position. The direction of your research activities is related to Magnetic Resonance detection in complex systems, such as biofilms and plants, as well as in hierarchically built-up novel supramolecular and nanomaterials. Your research should be highly original, challenging, and complementary to existing expertise in our chair group and with clear emphasis on development of hardware and software related equipment, including portable and in-the-field MR. In this position you will also be motivating and teaching students and develop new courses. Training and coaching is provided for the Assistant Professor to accomplish all this. The position is supported by the national Dutch Sectorplannen and is contributing to the Plantenna research programme, sponsored by the 4TU Federation (www.4tu.nl). During the first three years, you will participate half-time in the latter research programme.
- You are an ambitious and enthusiastic scientist and a team player, devoted to research and education in the field of chemistry and/or physics, with clear focus on Magnetic Resonance techniques;
- You have successfully completed an academic study in inorganic and/or physical chemistry, chemical engineering, or comparable discipline (MSc level, recognized in the Netherlands);
- You have a PhD in chemistry, physics or engineering, with focus on MR techniques and/or devices;
- You have knowledge and expertise in magnetic resonance techniques (hardware and software aspects);
- You have at least two years of experience as a postdoctoral researcher;
- You have outstanding achievements and excellent track record of publications in leading journals is an advantage;
- You have experience with management of complex projects;
- You have experience with acquisition of research funding, as shown e.g. by awarded scholarships or grants;
- You have excellent communication and collaboration skills;
- You have an (international) network and communication skills required for competitive project acquisition;
- You have didactic qualities and enthusiasm for teaching and working with students;
- You have the ambition to develop to full professor in a Tenure Track system.
We offer you a challenging career trajectory called Tenure Track within the chair group BioNanoTechnology. This challenging career path starts at the level of assistant professor, from which you can grow into an associate professor and obtain ius promovendi. There is also the possibility to grow to personal professor.. Of course, training and coaching are provided and interdisciplinary (international) cooperation is stimulated. As we will only be selecting outstanding candidates to take part in Tenure Track, this will be a good stepping stone to a further career within Wageningen University & Research or elsewhere.
You will work within the Wageningen tenure-track system, which provides an excellent opportunity for academic development. It offers support for personal growth in research, acquisition, education (University Teaching Qualification), and leadership. If you fulfil the requirements, you will get tenured as an associate professor after six years of tenure track as an Assistant Professor. However, you can continue to grow into the role of personal professor. As the development of a research and education vision and an independent research line are important in this process, you will receive extensive coaching during. If you want to read more on the Wageningen UR tenure track, please follow this link.
A challenging position with, depending on your experience, a gross salary from a minimum of
€ 3637,-. to a maximum of € 4978,-. for a fulltime working week of 38 hours in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement Dutch Universities (scale 11).
In addition we offer:
- 8% holiday allowance;
- a structural year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- excellent training opportunities and secondary employment conditions;
- flexible working hours and holidays can possibly be determined in consultation so that an optimal balance between work and private life is possible;
- excellent pension plan through ABP;
- 232 vacation hours, the option to purchase extra and good supplementary leave schemes;
- a flexible working week: the possibility to work a maximum of 2 hours per week extra and thereby to build up extra leave;
- a choice model to put together part of your employment conditions yourself, such as a bicycle plan;
- a lively workplace where you can easily make contacts and where many activities take place on the Wageningen Campus. A place where education, research and business are represented;
- use the sports facilities on campus.
If you are a talented researcher and have the ambition to make scientific and societal impactful contributions to in , then please respond to this vacancy through our website: https://www.wur.nl/en/Jobs/Vacancies.htm
Do you want to learn more about the position? We look forward hearing from you and get in touch with prof. dr. Aldrik Velders, chair holder, by phone, +31 317 485 127, or by e-mail; email@example.com
For more information about the procedure, please contact Marjolijn Steffens, HRM advisor, Marjolijn.firstname.lastname@example.org
General information about the group of BioNano Technology can be found on this link.
This vacancy is open until 30th September, 2019. We want to schedule the first job interviews in week 42 and 43.
For further information about working at Wageningen University & Research, take a look at: https://www.wur.nl/en/Jobs.htmEqual opportunities employer
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.