Ongeveer 7 uur geleden - Universiteit Utrecht (UU) - Utrecht
Tenure-Track position Veterinary Epidemiology
Tenure track position in veterinary epidemiologyAre you the forward-thinking and enthusiastic veterinary epidemiologist, teacher and team player, dedicated to …
- Droevendaalsesteeg, Wageningen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 3637 - € 6738 per maand
FunctieomschrijvingTenure track position in veterinary epidemiology
Are you the forward-thinking and enthusiastic veterinary epidemiologist, teacher and team player, dedicated to research and teaching in the area of infectious disease dynamics and epidemiology? Then we are looking for you.
We are looking for
The group of Quantitative Veterinary Epidemiology (QVE) of Wageningen University & Research is looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic veterinary epidemiologist with expertise in combining statistical epidemiological approaches with the study the dynamics of infectious diseases in animals. We are looking for candidates that are eager to both collect and analyse new data streams (especially using sensors and automated sampling) to unravel the dynamics of infections and to model interventions.
This position will be placed in the chair group Quantitative Veterinary Epidemiology. More information can be found here in these links (SARS-CoV2 and Bovine Tb).
In this challenging career trajectory:
- you acquire, lead and implement innovative and creative(inter-) national research projects in The group of Quantitative Veterinary Epidemiology;
- you collaborate with colleagues and supervise PhD students, BSc and MSc theses and you develop and teach courses;
- you contribute to the further development of the group of Quantitative Veterinary Epidemiology.
Applicants need to have at least the following experience
- Post-doc experience, and depending on their starting level some proven experience in obtaining research funding, supervising PhD students and/or post-doctoral researchers, and fostering national and international collaborations.
- Didactic talent and skills should be in line with BSc and MSc teaching requirements.
- This position requires an excellent English language proficiency and an excellent publication record commensurate with career stage and experience. (a minimum of CEFR C2 level).For more information about this proficiency level, please visit our special language page. Language page
ConditionsWe initially offer a fixed-term, 7 year contract which, upon positive evaluation based on criteria elaborated in the University's Tenure Track policy, can lead to a permanent employment contract as associate professor. Depending on your experience, we offer a competitive salary for assistant professors from €3,637 to €5,656 per month and for associate professors from €5,039 to €6,738 per month based on a full working week of 38 hours in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement Wageningen University.
In addition, we offer an attractive benefits package:
- 8% holiday allowance;
- a structural end-of year bonus of 8.3%;
- applicants from abroad moving to the Netherlands may also qualify for a special tax relief, in which 30% of their salary is exempt from tax; Have a look on this website for more information.
- excellent training opportunities and secondary working conditions;
- flexible working hours and vacations in consultation with colleagues is possible so that an optimal balance between work and personal life is possible;
- an excellent pension scheme via ABP;
- 232 holiday hours, the ability to purchase or sell holiday hours, good supplementary leave arrangements,
- an individualized model to compose part of your working conditions, and a bicycle plan;
- make use of the sports facilities available on campus for a small fee.
You are going to work at the greenest and most innovative campus in Holland, and at a university that has been chosen as the "Best University" in the Netherlands for the 15th consecutive time.
Additional informationDo you want more information ?
For more information about this position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the selection procedure, please contact Mrs. Martine Schröder (HRM advisor), email@example.com
General information about QVE can be found on Animal Sciences/Quantitative Veterinary Epidemiology
Do you want to apply?
This can be done directly via the application button at the vacancy on our website so that we can process your personal data with your permission.
This vacancy is open until the August, 31st 2020. The first job interviews will take place as soon as possible thereafter.
Wageningen University & Research
Delivering a substantial contribution to the quality of life. That's our focus - each and every single day. Within our domain of good and safe food & food production, food security and a healthy living environment, we search for answers to issues affecting society - such as sustainable food production, climate change and alternative energy. Of course, we don't do this alone. Every single day, 5000 people work on 'the quality of life', turning ideas into reality, on a global scale. Could you be one of these people?
Equal opportunities employer
We are an employer that offers equal opportunities. We are happy to receive applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of race, gender, functional impairment, religion / belief, sexual orientation or age.
We believe that a diverse and inclusive working environment makes us a more relevant, competitive and resilient organization. Click here for more information about working at WUR with a functional impairment.