Trainer/educational adviser/pedagogical expert (1 fte)
You have a passion for developing and providing teacher training in didactics within higher education. In your training, you inspire and facilitate teachers …
- Droevendaalsesteeg, Wageningen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
You have a passion for developing and providing teacher training in didactics within higher education. In your training, you inspire and facilitate teachers to develop themselves as professional teachers of Wageningen University.
In addition to the training you like to advise teachers and teaching team in the development and implementation of innovative learning environments. In doing so, you support the implementation of the University's vision for education: offering high quality scientific knowledge in a rich learning environment, activating and engaging students in their personalised, flexible and continuous learning process.
You are a passionate communicator and you have the skills to coordinate and produce online communication with selected target groups. This includes working with and maintaining the Training and Advice team's intranet page.
- A relevant MSc-degree in the field of Educational or pedagogical sciences, Educational Technology or similar,
- A proven track record in the development and delivery of didactical training of teachers in higher education,
- Experience in advice, development and implementation of educational improvements and innovations in higher education curricula/programmes,
- Excellent communication and consultancy skills, enabling you to give well-founded advice to teachers and staff and to work in a heterogeneous team of academic and technical experts
- Ability to cope with stress and work agile and with deadlines,
- (Up to date) knowledge of and skills in teaching competences (e.g. design, teaching, supervision, assessment and evaluation, learning pathways),
- Excellent proficiency in English (C2),
- Affinity with the Wageningen domains of environment and life sciences is a plus,
- Competences: clear communicative abilities, assertive, solution oriented, team player, creative and curious
ConditionsThese concern eventually permanent positions, starting with a one year contract with a possibility to extend.
Salary depends on educational background, training and work experience and is at this stage based on scale 11 according to the Collective Agreement for Dutch Universities (CAO Nederlandse Universiteiten), ranges from € 3746,- gross per month to € 5127- (1,0 fte). In addition, we offer a holiday allowance of 8% and an end-of-the-year bonus of 8.3% of your annual salary and a good pension of the ABP Pension Fund. Any future changes will depend on the content of the several tasks and the professional development of the support officers.
Additional informationFor more information about this function you can contact Han Smolenaars or Erik Heijmans, head of the Education Support Centre: office.ESC@wur.nl
Do you want to apply?
This can be done directly via the application button at the vacancy on our website so that we can process your personal data with your permission. This vacancy is open until October 11th 2020.
Equal opportunities employer
We are an employer that offers equal opportunities. We are happy to receive applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of race, gender, functional impairment, religion / belief, sexual orientation or age. We believe that a diverse and inclusive working environment makes us a more relevant, competitive and resilient organization. Click here for more information about working at WUR with a functional impairment.