an enthousiastic veterinary epidemiologist who will: Contribute with your veterinary and epidemiological skills to ongoing projects on understanding and …
- Droevendaalsesteeg, Wageningen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 36 uur
an enthousiastic veterinary epidemiologist who will:
- Contribute with your veterinary and epidemiological skills to ongoing projects on understanding and controlling infectious diseases including zoonoses.
- Analyse complex research questions by combining your veterinary and quantitative epidemiological skills.
- Employ your veterinary and epidemiological expertise to become actively involved in and/or manage (inter)national multidisciplinary projects.
- Develop and apply mathematical models to assess infection risks
- Pro-actively seek to initiate new research projects to a degree matching your seniority and experience.
- Contribute to maintaining and extending our (inter)national network of clients and peers.
- Communicate research findings through reports, peer-reviewed publications and presentations.
- Academic training in veterinary medicine, life sciences or natural sciences, preferably completed with a PhD degree.
- Experience in mathematical modelling in the context of risk assessment, infectious-disease epidemiology or population biology.
- Proven interest in veterinary-epidemiological research, a research background showing scientific creativity and the ability to incorporate mathematical models.
- Good analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a project driven environment; experience in project management is a plus.
- Good communication skills, including communicating results in spoken and written form preferably in Dutch and English.
- a position for 32-40 hours per week.
- a contract for a period of 1 year with possibility of extension. The location is Lelystad.
- a stimulating work environment and integration in a team of experts to develop on-the-job skills.
- The salary scale will be 10-11 of the CAO of Stichting Wageningen Research, depending on experience.
- We have modern employment conditons with 23 days of leave, with the possibility to build up another 25 (compensation) days when you choose to work 40 hours a week.
Additional informationAdditional information:
For additional information please contact email@example.com
How to apply
You can apply until June 24th. Please do not e-mail directly to the persons mentioned above, but use the website of Wageningen University & Research: www.wur.nl/nl/Werken-bij/Vacatures.htm