an enthousiastic veterinary epidemiologist who will:
Within the department of Bacteriology and Epidemiology of Wageningen Bioveterinary Research (WBVR), we seek a veterinary epidemiologist to contribute to and take the lead in multidisciplinary projects in a veterinary and One Health context. The core of our work concerns assessing risks of infectious diseases in animals, including zoonoses and antimicrobial resistance, as well as quantifying the effects of envisioned intervention policies.
We seek a candidate with:
- Contribute with your veterinary and epidemiological skills to ongoing projects on understanding and controlling infectious diseases including zoonoses.
- Analyse complex research questions by combining your veterinary and quantitative epidemiological skills.
- Employ your veterinary and epidemiological expertise to become actively involved in and/or manage (inter)national multidisciplinary projects.
- Develop and apply mathematical models to assess infection risks
- Pro-actively seek to initiate new research projects to a degree matching your seniority and experience.
- Contribute to maintaining and extending our (inter)national network of clients and peers.
- Communicate research findings through reports, peer-reviewed publications and presentations.
- Academic training in veterinary medicine, life sciences or natural sciences, preferably completed with a PhD degree.
- Experience in mathematical modelling in the context of risk assessment, infectious-disease epidemiology or population biology.
- Proven interest in veterinary-epidemiological research, a research background showing scientific creativity and the ability to incorporate mathematical models.
- Good analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a project driven environment; experience in project management is a plus.
- Good communication skills, including communicating results in spoken and written form preferably in Dutch and English.
We will ask you to present a "verklaring omtrent gedrag" (certificate of conduct).
- a position for 32-40 hours per week.
- a contract for a period of 1 year with possibility of extension. The location is Lelystad.
- a stimulating work environment and integration in a team of experts to develop on-the-job skills.
- The salary scale will be 10-11 of the CAO of Stichting Wageningen Research, depending on experience.
- We have modern employment conditons with 23 days of leave, with the possibility to build up another 25 (compensation) days when you choose to work 40 hours a week.
For additional information please contact firstname.lastname@example.orgHow to apply
You can apply until June 24th. Please do not e-mail directly to the persons mentioned above, but use the website of Wageningen University & Research: www.wur.nl/nl/Werken-bij/Vacatures.htm