Ongeveer 20 uur geleden - EY
Commercial Business Consultant
Interesse? Kijk snel verder
- Smitweg, Kinderdijk, Zuid-Holland
- Vast contract
- Uren per week:
- 40 - 40 uur
- Aantal jaren werkervaring:
- 2-5 jaar
To further strengthen the Commercial Support team we are recruiting a Commercial Business Consultant. The Commercial Support team is a newly created team within the IHC Services sales organisation. It focusses on developing business with customers in new markets, with existing and new services and business propositions. As Commercial Business Consultant you will be responsible for supporting the IHC Services Sales Managers and Account and Segment Leaders, in addition to the Product Cluster Leaders. You will translate market developments, customer needs and technology developments into business cases and provide new creative insights. Together with the team, you will take the department to the next level and grow the IHC Services business. Within the role of Commercial Business Consultant, your duties will include the following;
- Identifying and developing business cases, in cooperation with your colleagues in the Sales department, product clusters and Services management team
- Developing quantitative Excel models to facilitate fact-based decision-making and quantitative input into business cases
- Supporting the IHC Services Management team and Sales Managers with intelligence, convincing storytelling, quantitative analysis and visualisation
- Customising IHC Services’ suite of solutions to solve customer needs
- Generating sales ideas for existing and new customers
- Identifying, developing and implementing products and services based on new business models, and managing their release/launch
- Performing market, competitor and benchmark studies
- Leading multidisciplinary and cross-functional teams and providing advice to the product clusters.
To be eligible for the role of Commercial Business Consultant, you must have the following:
- Bachelor and/or master degree in a relevant field
- At least three years of relevant experience in the corporate finance and strategy department of a large accountancy firm, investment bank, strategy consultancy or private equity firm. Ideally second or third career step.
- Excellent storytelling skills and the ability to set up PowerPoint presentations, Word documents and supporting (financial) Excel models
- Experience in transforming ideas into business cases and commercial propositions
- An excellent command of English, both written and verbal, command of Dutch is an advantage
- Interest in the maritime, dredging, offshore and mining markets or work experience in these sectors is advantageous
- Sharp-eye for developments and the ability to transfer these into concrete product and service improvement opportunities
- Demonstratable ownership, drive, passion and creativity, with a high energy level and self-starter attitude
- Excellent communication skills, as well as conceptual and analytical thinking capabilities
- Able to deal with stakeholder management and organisational sensitivity
- Eager to learn, an entrepreneurial mindset and a willingness to find new ways to move the business forward.
Royal IHC offers you a challenging position in a dynamic environment with high growth ambitions. Your valued qualities and competencies will be put to good use both within the organisation, as well as in the marketplace. The role is also an excellent way to kick-start a corporate career at one of the leading companies in the Dutch maritime sector. The role gives excellent insight into the business of IHC and comes with significant exposure to a wide variety of internal stakeholders, with whom you can make a real difference. You will have a great opportunity to shape the role and experience tangible results from your work. As such, it is an excellent position through which to start a career path within IHC. While they aspire to be a customer-driven passionate organisation without a ‘nine to five’ mentality, they offer a better work/life balance than professional services, consultancy or the financial sector.
As Commercial Business Consultant, you will work at IHC Services, based in Kinderdijk. IHC Services is the global market leader in the construction of tools at sea and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore and dredging ships and equipment. IHC Services’ core mission is to be the preferred supplier for all services relating to the offshore, dredging and mining industry. From the head office in The Netherlands and with employees working from sites and offices on a global basis, they are able to ensure a local presence and support for customers on every continent. They offer 24/7 service worldwide and services typically include Repair, Rental, Renovation, Condition Based Services, Feasibility studies, Life Cycle Engineering, Parts & Logistics and Training & Consultancy. With their commitment to technological innovation, in which sustainability and safety are key, they strive to continuously meet the specific needs of each customer in a rapidly evolving world.
IHC Services is part of Royal IHC (IHC), the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. For every ship, they develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, they offer life-cycle support to their customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of their products. If you look at their customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today they have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas.