1 dag geleden - Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH) – Member of the Leibniz Association
Controller Group Reporting/Consolidation
Do you aspire to work for the global leader in agricultural commodities where they strive for continuous improvement? Being part of an ambitious, multicultural and professional team with an informal and energetic culture. Then this is your chance.
- K.P. van der Mandelelaan, Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland
- Vast contract
- Uren per week:
- 40 - 40 uur
- Aantal jaren werkervaring:
- 5-10 jaar
As Controller (Group Reporting/Consolidation) you are part of the accounting department, which consist of 8 people and is based in the headquarter of the company in the centre of Rotterdam.
The team supports group entities in all accounting or reporting topics, e.g. external and internal reporting, ensure IFRS compliance as well as involvement in complex accounting matters through the preparation of accounting position papers. On a monthly base, high quality and fast paced support is provided to local entities, combined with thorough review of the financial information thereafter.
In this role you will be responsible for taking on the current reporting landscape and automating as much as possible. This includes conceptual design and hand-on implementation of the monthly, quarterly and yearly reporting. You will be key in creating a structured approach to this. You will also carry out ad-hoc analyses as required to support the business. Next to that you will execute the organization's accounting activities, as well as prepare the accounting statements. You should be able to provide technical expertise when needed regarding new IFRS application, business combinations, other complex accounting matters.
You are involved in the coordination and preparation of the monthly consolidation processes, and preparation of monthly management reporting and analysis.
The most important responsibilities and tasks:
- Reviewing and approval of over 180 companies in Hyperion
- Supporting management and financial reporting to different levels in the organization (up to Board level)
- Analysing reports to improve control of the activities
- Preparing and analysing Cash flow
- Preparing half year/full year group financial statements
- Interacting with internal/external audit
- Assisting to establish and integrate new trading offices and asset acquisitions
- Preparing accounting position papers for management and the board
- Coordinating and monitoring reporting activities for specific locations
- Supporting investment projects and various ad-hoc activities
We're looking for an energetic, proactive person with a strong drive for continuous improvement. You have a practical attitude, no-nonsense mentality and are independent as well as a team player.
- Chartered Accountant or MSc. in a finance related education
- 4+ years of experience, preferably within one of the BIG4 firms, plus business experience in the industry
- Deep/practical knowledge of IFRS application
- Experience with cash flow and financial statements preparation
- IT literate (Hyperion)
- Fluent in English (in word and writing), other languages an advantage
You will work within a professional, informal, diverse and international organization that will help you develop your skills and expertise. As well as this, they offer:
- A competitive salary
- Flexible and attractive pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Social activity with the team/colleagues (every once in a while)
- Working in a beautiful HQ office in the centre of Rotterdam, next to Blaak station
The global leader in the origination, handling, processing and marketing of agricultural commodities, such as grain, oilseeds, sugar, cotton and biodiesel. They are located in over 35 countries and employing 13.000 people worldwide.
Using their network of storage facilities, processing plants and transport assets they process, manage and supply these commodities to their customers. Through their industry insight, strong relationships and their asset network, they focus on the sustainability, safety, quality and reliability of everything they do.