Ongeveer 22 uur geleden - BeljonWesterterp - Heerenveen
Corporate Sustainability Manager
Corporate Sustainability Manager at B&S Group in Dordrecht
- Binnen Walevest, Dordrecht, Zuid-Holland
- Vast contract
- Uren per week:
- 40 - 40 uur
- Aantal jaren werkervaring:
- 5-10 jaar
The Corporate Sustainability Managers' position is unique and brand new within the B&S Group. As part of the transformation from a decentralised and location driven approach towards a cohesive strategy on Group level, sustainability is one of the main topics in the global 2021-2023 strategy. In strong collaboration with the Director Corporate Communications & IR and the Executive team, you are primarily responsible for the design, implementation and reporting of the sustainability strategy of B&S Group.
In consultation with various stakeholders, you will further develop the strategy on sustainability and translate this into actionable policies and procedures that will assist B&S Group to achieve their ambitious goals. You are also responsible for communicating (the results of) these activities using the full mix of communication channels, therewith exposing the ambitious goals B&S Group stands for. Further to this, you are actively engaged in external networks and well informed on sustainability topics and legislation.
- Lead the further development of the sustainability strategy and accompanying policies in consultation with the Executive Board and (internal) stakeholders;
- Join forces with various corporate disciplines and business units to implement the strategy throughout B&S Group;
- Maintain relationships with external stakeholders (f.e. suppliers, authorities) to align strategy, market requirements and best practices;
- Motivate and support the workforce in embedding sustainability practices throughout the organization based on corporate sustainability goals;
- Develop and execute internal communication, together with the Corporate Communications team, that creates awareness and excitement for the sustainability agenda in all the business locations;
- Support development and publishing of non-financial reporting material (website, annual reports, presentations, regulatory releases) for all our external stakeholders (investors, authorities, business partners, future employees);
- Take the lead in the design and implementation of community development and engagement projects in consultation with HR;
- Keep track of worldwide developments, trends and relevant legislation and communicate these to internal stakeholders in a timely and effective manner;
- Create and sustain a network of partners (both internally and externally)
- Academic degree;
- A minimum of 5+ years’ experience in this field of expertise;
- Experienced with working in a corporate environment, preferably a public company;
- A well-established (global) network within the sustainability area
- Driven, motivated and excellent people skills to manage and enthuse various stakeholders both internally and externally;
- Hands-on and result driven mentality with an analytical mindset;
- Strong communication skills to clearly and effectively articulate ideas and concepts in both written and spoken communication in English.
- An international, diverse and dynamic working environment;
- Competitive salary and fringe benefits package (e.g. bonus arrangement)
- Collaborative, enthusiastic and ambitious colleagues
- Short communication lines and space to develop your vision and execute your ideas
- The opportunity to develop a sustainable strategy for an organisation of stature
- The freedom to build your own team
B&S Group is a young dynamic company in global distribution of consumer goods in attractive channels and across specialised markets. With a well-trained and experienced workforce of over 2,100 employees, the Group serves as a trusted and reliable partner to both its suppliers and customers, providing essential (digital) distribution services and solving their supply chain complexities.
Their suppliers are mainly A-brands in Health & Beauty, Liquors, Food & beverages and Consumer electronics. Their client portfolio is very diverse and varies from Action and Alibaba.com to the UN peacekeeping forces, and from supermarket chains in Africa to end-consumers in their own retail shops and e-commerce platforms.
Since the stock market launch in 2018 and the appointment of a new CEO, B&S Group is in the process of aligning their three business units into one cohesive organisation. Important pillars in their strategy are Cost Leadership, Client Centricity, Diversification and increasingly the topic of Sustainability.
In order to give shape to a solid strategy on Sustainability, B&S Group is looking for an experienced, strong and pragmatic Corporate Sustainability Manager.