Ongeveer 21 uur geleden - Gemeente Hellevoetsluis
Operational Risk Manager
Interesse? Kijk snel verder
- Beursplein, Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland
- Vast contract
- Uren per week:
- 40 - 40 uur
- Aantal jaren werkervaring:
- 5-10 jaar
We are currently looking for an Operational Risk Manager, to expand the team, with a focus on internal control topics. A professional with the ability to think in value chains. You are a pro-active and convincing advisor that can level with management while safeguarding alignment with the framework.
The Operational Risk Management (ORM) department reports directly to the CFRO and acts independently of Robeco's commercial functions. You will be part of a team of 7 ambitious and highly skilled risk specialists. Team members have distinct areas of expertise and responsibility and are able to work independently. At the same time the breadth of Robeco’s activities and the relatively small size of the team require teamwork with team members functioning as each other’s backup.
Enterprise risk management demands a broad view on risk at strategic, tactical and operational levels. This requires the ability to operate on (senior) management level and act as a sparring partner on key business topics but also a hands-on mentality and the ability to translate the strategic vision of the department into day to day action.
Robeco's business departments, together with the Executive Committee, are responsible for managing risks resulting from their activities. It is up to the ORM team to enable management to be in control and make conscious decisions taking into account the risk/return balance. They actively support, challenge, and facilitate and control the business.
Maintaining strong relationships within the organization and cooperating with other control functions like Legal, Compliance and Internal Audit is a key factor of this position.
- Maintenance of the control framework, through risk assessments and analysis of incidents
- Implementation and monitoring of control testing performed by management
- (Re)design of risk policies and procedures
- Management reporting on internal control
- Provide assurance to Robeco's clients through ISAE reports
- Development of training/awareness activities
- AO/IC description; periodical update and process changes
We are looking for a down to earth, hands on and open personality. Eager to learn, curiosity and willingness to aim for the highest quality and therewith be of good support and part of the ambition of Robeco.
Required qualities and skills
- At least 8 years of relevant experience
- An academic background with the addition of RA/RE/RO qualification (or equivalent);
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written, oral and presentational;
- Organizational skills and ability to structure complex processes and projects;
- Solid analytical, negotiating and reporting abilities;
- Team player, hands on and result oriented;
- Experience with ISAE 3402 related activities is an advantage.
Robeco offers a professional, dedicated and enthusiastic team in an international, dynamic and rapidly changing environment. It's an environment that welcomes personal input and initiative. Next to this, they offer:
- Competitive salary
- 13th month
- Pension scheme
- Growth and development opportunities
- Internal courses
- Personal training budget
Robeco is the most well-known global asset manager in the Rotterdam area. She offers an extensive range of active investments, from equities to bonds. Research lies at the heart of everything they do, with a ‘pioneering but cautious’ approach that has been in their DNA since the foundation. The Rotterdamsch Beleggings Consortium, later shortened to Robeco, is founded in Rotterdam in 1929. They believe strongly in sustainability investing, quantitative techniques and constant innovation.
As Investment Engineers, they have placed the acquisition of knowledge at their core ever since their first director said “every investment strategy should be research-driven”. Through the unique integration of three types of research - Fundamental, Sustainable and Quantitative - they can offer ground-breaking investment strategies to their clients.
Robeco's head office is located in the center of Rotterdam in an eye-catching office building. Today, Robeco is fully owned by ORIX Corporation, a Japanese business conglomerate based in Tokyo.