5 dagen geleden - SULO Nederland - Ittervoort
Technical Sales Manager
Are you commercially successful and do you have sound technical material knowledge within the compounding and/or plastics industry, which you would like to apply? And are you considering the next step in your career towards a solid company with short lines of communication and plenty of room for your own input and ideas? Then this position may be for you!
- Coenhavenweg, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Vast contract
- Uren per week:
- 40 - 40 uur
- Aantal jaren werkervaring:
- 5-10 jaar
Due to Eggerdings' strong and unique market proposition, the organization sees many opportunities for further ambitious growth. In order to be able to further expand the market for various product groups within Europe, this new vacancy Technical Sales Manager has arisen. In this position you are responsible for the product groups Talc; Aluminum Tri Hydrate (ATH); Calcium Carbonate; and Cenospheres, with which you will serve a diverse portfolio of customers in the compounding and plastic industry (blending/mixing polymers, coatings, fillers). With the aim of further growing and developing this market in Europe, both in volume and in turnover & margin.
You start with an intensive and thorough training period in which you learn everything about Eggerding's products, services and markets, and you then draw up a thorough action plan (market and account plan). Based on your technical material knowledge, you function as an advisor and sparring partner for your customers with regard to applications in their end products. You are able to map out the specific needs of the customer and translate these into effective solutions. With your excellent communication and commercial qualities, you maintain your customer relationships effectively, identify opportunities in the market, and expand your customer base in a targeted manner. You conduct negotiations with customers and you close contracts. You work closely with your colleagues from Production Planning, Back Office, Logistics and Quality. You provide direction and input to the sales strategy regarding your product groups.
Your location is the headquarters in Amsterdam, where you will be present a few days a week. The other days you will be traveling to customers within Europe. You report to the Director Sales, and you are part of the four-person sales team.
With your results you make a significant contribution to the success and further development of Eggerdings' market position.
For this position we are looking for an enterprising personality who has the ambition to further grow and develop the European market for the relevant product groups.
The following criteria also apply:
- You have in-depth technical knowledge of materials, and preferably an MSc/BSc degree in Materials Science
- Minimum 5 years of experience in technical sales, and serving international customers.
- You have an excellent knowledge of the market of the compounding and plastic industry, including knowledge of applications and formulations. You are interested in material- and product development.
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills.
- You are result- and customer-oriented.
- Proactive attitude, enterprising, creative and self-starting.
- Good command of the English language (Dutch is not strictly necessary).
- You live in the Netherlands or are willing to relocate to the Netherlands, within reachable distance from Amsterdam.
- It appeals to you to be part of a successful family business, with short lines of communication and plenty of room for your own input and ideas.
You will be part of an ambitious international family business with a lot of potential. From your position as Technical Sales Manager you get the opportunity to distinguish yourself and to build on your own area of work.
- A good salary depending on your education, knowledge and experience
- 8% holiday allowance
- Lease car
- Laptop and phone
- Vacation days
- Inclusion in the pension scheme
- Training opportunities
Our client Eggerding is a solid family business that is currently one of the leading providers of industrial mineral processing and logistics solutions. Eggerding acts as an independent link between mining and industrial manufacturers from, among others, the ceramic, refractory, glass and pharmaceutical industries. Since its foundation more than 60 years ago, and through diversification, development and innovation, the company has achieved a prominent market position in the world of industrial mineral raw materials, which find their application in a wide variety of products.
Eggerding is a successful and stable company, characterized by entrepreneurship, hands-on mentality and the will to take ambitious new steps for the future. The company is based in Amsterdam (headquarters) and has also a second processing plant in South Africa and trading offices in Hong Kong and Brazil. From here, the worldwide customer base is served and facilitated through distribution, processing, warehousing and logistics of a multitude of industrial minerals. In addition to these activities, Eggerding provides services as a port company.
In total, the organization has approximately 200 employees, 60 of whom work in Amsterdam.