PHD POSITION 'BALANCING NATURE AND CULTURE IN SOUTHWEST EUROPEAN LANDSCAPE EVOLUTION AND INTEGRATED LEGACIES'
2 dagen geleden - VU - Amsterdam
The PhDs should apply for doctoral study in one of the 15 projects offered by the 10 hosting institutions. Please see the hyperlinks to the websites of the hosting institutions.
The candidate must have:
• good verbal and writing skills in English and where applicable be proficient in the relevant language for PhD project (i.e. Italian, Japanese, Spanish, German, Indonesian).
• be highly motivated, have a personal commitment to the research project as a whole, proven ability to work in a network and an aptitude to meet challenges.
• demonstrate an excellent understanding of feminist political ecology.
• have two - three years’ experience of working/campaigning/studying in the field of social-environmental science.
• be an early career researcher with less than 4 years of research since graduation.
• A full time contract with a competitive salary for 36 months. The remuneration of the recruited PhD is based on a monthly payment made up of living allowances, family allowance and mobility expenses where applicable and according to MSCA Horizon 2020 requirements.
• Office space in a professional and stimulating environment.
• Family friendly working conditions.
1. A proposal of between 1500 and 2000 words that elaborates your research motivation and interest, how you plan to undertake the research project for which you are applying. Candidates can only apply for one of the PhD projects. State your full name and the PhD topic for which you wish to apply on the proposal.
2. A copy of your Master’s Degree in the English language. Applicants should have obtained a Master Degree with a minimum grade of B+/ 2.1.
3. Proof of residency of the last three years (1 September 2015 to 1 September 2018). Applicants cannot have spent more than 12 months in the country (work/study/living) of the hosting institute in the 3 years immediately prior to the recruitment date of 1 September 2018. If an applicant had more places of residence in this period, please indicate the periods and countries.
4. A CV indicating clearly that applicants have not undertaken 4 or more years of research. Please note, the WEGO Network is particularly interested in early career scholars who are currently engaged in the political ecology activities. Your CV should therefore also indicate your engagement in communities, movements, non-government organisations you see as relevant for the societally relevant aspect of the WEGO-ITN.
5. The names of two referees. The referees of short listed candidates only will be contacted.
6. Applications should be sent to email@example.com by 12 noon, 1 March 2018.
7. For inquiries, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. General information on WEGO-ITN: https://www.iss.nl/en/research-15/research-programmes/projects/civil-society-and-market/research-projects/well-being.
9. General information about the Marie Sklodowska Curie (MSCA) Innovative Training Network program.