De faculteit Recht, Economie, Bestuur en Organisatie van de Universiteit Utrecht zoekt een Hoogleraar Staatsrecht. Bent u geïnteresseerd in deze baan? Lees dan…
Lecturers (3) (WD) (f/m, ca. 0.3 - 0.6 fte) in History
The successful candidates are expected to perform teaching and supervising tasks, mainly for the Bachelor programme in History. This multidisciplinary …
- Burgemeester Oudlaan, Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 24 uur
The successful candidates are expected to perform teaching and supervising tasks, mainly for the Bachelor programme in History. This multidisciplinary programme aims to develop an understanding of present societies through courses about global history, economic history, international relations and socio-cultural history. Students explore both the uniqueness of certain events and long-term patterns. At the same time, courses on theory and methods further ensure that they become aware of similarities and differences in the past. Electives on urban history, international business, historical games, and fashion industry prepare students to analyse modern society as a highly qualified graduate with broad academic knowledge and equipped with practical skills.
Rotterdam's unique approach to history is clearly visible in years 2 and 3 of the multidisciplinary bachelor programme. Students can choose from four focus areas: Economic History; International Relations; Cultural History; Social History.
• An academic degree in History or in one of the Social Sciences with demonstrable knowledge in history (preferably research master or PhD);
• A broad knowledge and mastery of common scientific research methods.
• Prior teaching experience and the proven ability to inspire students.
• Excellent proficiency in spoken and written English. Non-English speakers have to meet the C1-standards of the Common European Framework (CEF).
• Strong team-playing, organizational and communication skills.
• Experience in international academic settings.
Employment starts August 1, 2018. The position concerns a temporary contract. The initial contract will be running for a term of 1 year, which - depending on performance – will be extended with a second term of 1 year.
The conditions of employment correspond with the Collective Labour Agreement (CAO) of the Dutch Universities (CAO NU). Salary is subject to training and experience and corresponds to Scale 10 or 11, with a minimum of € 2.588 (scale 10, grade 0) and a maximum of € 4.757 (scale 11, grade 11) gross per month on a 38 hour per week contract.
The EUR has attractive employment conditions, which include a holiday allowance of 8.0%, an end-of-year bonus of 8.3% and 41 annual vacation days in case of a full workweek.
To apply, please send your application letter with your resume, copies of two relevant scholarly publications (if applicable), a description of courses taught, (copies of) teaching assessments and the names and contact details of two referees ultimately on June 1, 2018 by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of ms. Mirjam Knegtmans. Please mention “Lecturer History”.
• About the university: Erasmus University Rotterdam
• About the faculty: Erasmus School of History, Culture and Communication
• About the History Department: https://www.eur.nl/en/eshcc/history
• About the history programs: https://www.eur.nl/en/eshcc/bachelor/international-bachelor-history/study-programme and https://www.eur.nl/eshcc/bachelor/international- bachelor-history/inhoud
Members of the selection committee are: Prof. Dr. M. Grever, Prof. Dr. H. Klemann and Dr. G. Oonk
Additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from: Prof. Dr. M. Grever email@example.com