Are you looking for a PhD opportunity and are you interested in a challenging research project in human microbiota? Then the role as PhD student ‘modelling of …
Research Software Engineers
eScience research engineers have an academic background and are interested in developing and applying research software within academic disciplines. They also …
- Science Park, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
- € 2620 - € 4848 per maand
eScience research engineers have an academic background and are interested in developing and applying research software within academic disciplines. They also actively share their knowledge and experience with the academic community.
As an eScience research engineer you will operate in an academic environment. You will be responsible for the translation of research questions into solutions that effectively apply advanced digital technologies. You will develop methodologies, applications and high quality software and ensure that these can be used easily by academic researchers within a coordinated eScience infrastructure. Our eScience research engineers work as a close team, creatively combining and sharing knowledge between projects. It is likely that you will work part time at the eScience Center in Amsterdam and part time at a university or research institute participating in collaborative projects. The persons we are looking for are capable of fast adapting to new expertise’s and contributions of academic research (e.g., papers, project proposals) are expected.
The eScience Center is recruiting eScience research engineers at various levels able to work closely with academic researchers from various disciplines.
- Completed master degree, or PhD with programming and/or data science skills;
- Experience with different programming languages (Python, Java, C++, C and/or Fortran);
- Knowledge on modern software tools such as Docker, Apache Spark and Jupyter;
- Good communication and writing skills in English.
We are specially interested in candidates with:
- Experience with CUDA, OpenCL, or FPGAs,
- Experience with databases, big data technologies and concepts, for example, relational database, SQL, PostgreSQL/PostGIS, MongoDB, Hadoop, ElasticSearch, RDF, Cassandra, Hive,
- Knowledge of advanced numerical simulations and finite elements / volumes methods and interest in new techniques for solving large scale partial differential equations.
- Collaborative, open, resourceful, motivated, flexible, creative, initiative taking, independent but also a real team player.
We offer a position at the eScience Center for a fixed period of 2 years within the collective agreement for Dutch Research Institutes (cao-OI). The candidate will be based at the Netherlands eScience Center in Amsterdam.
Classification is based on education and experience with salary depending on qualifications and experience, starting from € 2.620,- up to € 4.848,- gross per month, with a 38-hour working week (salary scale 10-11). Holiday pay amounts to 8% of the gross salary and we also offer a 13th month of salary as an end-of-year payment.
The eScience Center offers an interesting and challenging position with (additional) options for personal development. You will work in an international team with an informal but creative and ambitious working environment. The main location is Amsterdam (Science Park).
The eScience Center has an active diversity policy and would like to hire persons with a background that is underrepresented at the eScience Center. We therefore encourage women and minorities to apply.
For more information about this opportunity you can contact Nicolas Renaud, eScience Research Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send your resume and application letter as soon as possible (as our first cut-off date will be April 10th) and at least before May 4th 2018.
Additional information may also be found at www.esciencecenter.nl.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature