Assistant/Associate Professor of Computer Science Education (Tenure Track)
Research As an Assistant/Associate Professor (Tenure Track) you will further strengthen our group’s research and education profile in computer science …
- Houtlaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
- € 5127 - € 5127 per maand
FunctieomschrijvingResearch As an Assistant/Associate Professor (Tenure Track) you will further strengthen our group’s research and education profile in computer science education. You will engage in original research and disseminate your results through publication in scholarly journals and participation in international conferences and workshops. You will contribute to securing research funding and engage in the management of our research projects and the supervision of PhD candidates. You will be active in initiating and maintaining external research collaborations.
You will contribute to the development and teaching of inspiring courses on computer science education at the Bachelor's and Master's levels.
Moreover, you will supervise research projects for science students and the capstone projects in the teacher education programme, especially in the computer science track. You will take part in the institute's efforts in attracting potential students for the teacher education programme.
You will contribute to the societal utilisation of our scientific activities, for example by engaging in curriculum development or the professional development of teachers.
- An enthusiastic scientist with a PhD degree in a relevant area (computer science education, computer science, or a cognate discipline), high-quality academic publications in the area of computing education, and the ability to maintain your own area of research.
- An inspiring lecturer with a clear vision on teaching, good teaching skills and teaching experience, preferably holding a University Teaching Qualification (in Dutch: BKO) or equivalent, or willing to obtain such a qualification.
- A reliable colleague who is eager to collaborate with other science education researchers, with excellent communication skills towards colleagues, students, and non-experts.
- You should be able to communicate in both English and Dutch, or be willing to acquire this ability within 2-3 years.
- Employment: 32 - 40 hours per week.
- The exact salary depends on your qualifications and amount of relevant professional experience. Depending on your experience and qualifications, a position as an Associate Professor is possible.
- An Assistant Professor will be employed as an Assistant Professor level 2 (salary scale 11, maximum gross monthly salary of €5,127) at the start of the tenure track for a six-year period. If evaluated positively, you will be appointed as an Assistant Professor level 1 (salary scale 12, maximum gross monthly salary of €5,826) on the basis of a permanent contract.
- An Associate Professor will be employed as an Associate Professor level 2 (salary scale 13, maximum gross monthly salary of €6,317) or Associate Professor level 1 (salary scale 14, maximum gross monthly salary of €6,940), depending on your scientific track record and experience. The duration of the contract will be determined by mutual agreement.
- In addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- Further information on tenure tracks at the Faculty of Science can be found here.
- The intended start date is 1 January 2021.
- You will be able to make use of our Dual Career Service: our Dual Career Officer will assist with family-related support, such as child care, and help your partner prepare for the local labour market and with finding an occupation.
- Are you interested in our excellent employment conditions?
Additional informationFor more information about this vacancy, please contact:
prof. dr. Erik Barendsen, Director of the Institute for Science Education