Assistant Professor of Strategic Management (tenure track)
The Department of Business Administration at the Nijmegen School of Management is looking for a new colleague at the Assistant Professor level for its …
- Houtlaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
- € 5127 - € 5127 per maand
The Department of Business Administration at the Nijmegen School of Management is looking for a new colleague at the Assistant Professor level for its Strategic Management group. As Assistant Professor of Strategic Management, you will be expected to be an internationally active researcher in the field of strategic management or international business for responsible organisations. The group's research interests centre on market and non-market strategic behaviour, transitions, business models, strategic decision making, governance, networks, and performance of responsible organisations. You will teach courses in the Bachelor's degree programme in Business Administration and the Master's specialisations in Strategic Management and International Business. You will be expected to supervise PhD candidates and Master's and Bachelor's students working on their theses and to contribute to the development of research in line with the Department's Responsible Organisation research programme. As an active researcher, you will be expected to obtain funding from governmental, European and/or private institutions, and to publish regularly in leading international academic journals. Above all we are seeking a highly motivated, committed and collaborative candidate to further strengthen our department.
- A PhD degree in business administration or a related field.
- A pipeline of publications or an excellent reputation in the field of strategic management or international business, evidenced by a publication record in internationally recognised high-quality journals.
- Demonstrated thorough knowledge of recent theoretical and empirical developments in the field of strategic management or international business.
- A track record and/or ambition in attracting research funding.
- Ample teaching experience, proven effective teaching skills, the capacity to develop and implement innovative teaching methods, and proven ability to supervise the development and implementation of academic study programmes.
- A Dutch university teaching qualification (BKO or UKO) or equivalent would be an advantage.
- The ability to inspire and supervise young scholars (PhD candidates).
- A proven ability to cooperate with and inspire a team of professionals.
- Strong connections to organisational and business practice.
- Substantial international experience and network.
- Excellent English language skills and a willingness to learn Dutch (if applicable).
- Employment: 32 - 40 hours per week.
- A maximum gross monthly salary of € 5,127 based on a 38-hour working week (salary scale 11).
- The exact salary depends on the candidate's qualifications and amount of relevant professional experience.
- In addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- Duration of the contract: Fixed-term contract for four years. Possibility of extension and permanency depending on your performance.
- The intended start date is 1 January 2021.
- You will be able to make use of our Dual Career Service: our Dual Career Officer will assist with family-related support, such as child care, and help your partner prepare for the local labour market and with finding an occupation.
- Are you interested in our excellent employment conditions?
Additional informationFor more information about this vacancy, please contact:
Prof. H. van Kranenburg, Chair Strategic Management