1 dag geleden - Erasmus Universiteit Rotterdam - Rotterdam
Job description We are expanding our team of Business Information Management faculty members to complement our ongoing research into this increasingly …
As an Assistant Professor, you will contribute to teaching, research and co-ordination tasks. Your main teaching tasks will be in Bachelor and Master courses related to population studies, population geography, migration and in supervising Master and/or Bachelor theses. Other tea
As an Assistant Professor, you will contribute to teaching, research and co-ordination tasks. Your main teaching tasks will be in Bachelor and Master courses related to population studies, population geography, migration and in supervising Master and/or Bachelor theses. Other teaching tasks could be in quantitative and/or qualitative methods courses, or other geography and/or planning courses, depending on your expertise. To strengthen our team, we are looking for someone with a keen interest (expertise) in population issues in the Global North or Global South, contributing to the research theme ‘Population and Well-Being in Context’. The Assistant Professor will invest 60% of his/her time in teaching and management, and 40% in research (including PhD supervision).
• PhD in demography, population studies, population geography, or in another social science with proven affinity with population issues
• motivation to work in an interdisciplinary team that uses qualitative as well as quantitative methods and works on the Global South as well as the Global North
• experience in various teaching approaches; awareness of and willingness to use the latest innovations in teaching techniques
• possession of a university teaching qualification or preparedness to acquire this qualification within a reasonable timeframe
• ideas on ways to attract students to the Faculty’s Bachelor and Master programmes and willingness to work on this
• willingness to coordinate the Master Population Studies
• proven affinity with the research theme ‘Population and Well-Being in Context’ and willingness to conduct research and supervise PhD students within this theme
• proven skills in qualitative, quantitative and/or mixed research methods
• publications in international peer-reviewed academic journals in the field of population studies
• network of connections in the field of population studies and willingness to invest in external relations and participating in external projects, events and presentations, representing the Faculty and the Department
• willingness to share ideas with, give energy to and invest in colleagues and students
• fluency in English; willingness to acquire knowledge of Dutch (B2-level).
• conceptual capacity
• environment orientation
• result orientation.
Faculty of Spatial Sciences
The Department of Demography of the Faculty of Spatial Sciences at the University of Groningen (RUG) is looking for an Assistant Professor Population Studies.
The Faculty of Spatial Sciences consists of 95 members of staff and around a thousand students. We focus on high quality teaching and research in the fields of cultural geography, demography, economic geography, and spatial planning. Our research theme is 'towards Wellbeing, Innovation and Spatial Transformation' (tWIST). It is our mission to produce research which is world-leading, distinctive, and policy-relevant. With two Bachelor and eight Master programmes, we provide a wide range of courses within the field.
The Assistant Professor’s teaching and research will be situated in the Department of Demography / Population Research Centre (PRC). The Department of Demography is responsible for the Master Population Studies and contributes to the bachelor programme Human Geography & Planning. The research of the PRC is carried out within the broad theme ‘Population and Wellbeing in Context’. The PRC has a long-standing tradition in population research directed towards issues related to both the Global North and Global South, and applying both quantitative and qualitative research methods.