3 dagen geleden - Radboud Universiteit (RU) - Nijmegen
Teacher Pharmacy Database management (0.4 FTE)
The University of Groningen IADB.nl pharmacy prescription database is a dynamically growing community-based database that contains prescription data for more than 20 years from 1996 till 2019 from approximately 120 community pharmacies. Currently the database tracks medication us
- Broerstraat, Groningen, Groningen
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 15 - 15 uur
- € 4402 - € 4402 per maand
The University of Groningen IADB.nl pharmacy prescription database is a dynamically growing community-based database that contains prescription data for more than 20 years from 1996 till 2019 from approximately 120 community pharmacies. Currently the database tracks medication use of an estimated population of 930,000 patients in the Northern region of The Netherlands and is representative for the Netherlands as a whole.
In 2017, the Groningen Research Institute of Pharmacy (GRIP) and Lifelines started the “PharmLines Initiative” to link the multidisciplinary data of the Lifelines Cohort Study to the medication data of the widely researched prescription database, IADB.nl. The aim of the PharmLines Initiative is to facilitate research on medical drug data in combination with the broad health and biobank data of Lifelines. The IADB.nl staff has invested in expanding the database to include pharmacies in the Lifelines regions and from April 1, 2021 the 2019 database covering approximately 2.6 million persons will be available for linkage.
We are looking for a database manager/teacher who will be appointed at the SSE and participate in both teaching and development of course material. Courses taught are in all three educational Pharmacy programmes: for example, ‘Pharmacoepidemiology’, ‘From clinical trials to big data research’ (bachelor programme), ‘Pharmacoepidemiology in Practice’ and ‘Academic Skills for the pharmaceutical sciences’ (master programmes). She/he will primarily support students in their research on the in-house pharmacy prescription database IADB.nl and will work on the further development of linked databases as well as a web-interface for students.
The tasks will include:
− Supporting students in the development of the MySQL queries for their research on the IADB.nl database during their bachelor or master project;
− Evaluation and improvements of the MySQL course for bachelor and master students;
− Teaching the basics of database management and programming during the year in multiple one day tutorials;
− Further development of our research web interface ‘Apodat’ for students.
• preferably a PhD degree in the information technology, life sciences or a related field
• highly experienced in the field of MySQL
• experience with Laravel framework is a pre
• experience and affinity with teaching; teaching with pharmacy students is a pre
• good command of written and spoken English
• excellent interpersonal and communicative skills
• excellent command of Dutch.
Competences: proactive, flexible, stress resistant, motivating.
Preferred start date: 1 October.
ConditionsWe offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
• a salary, depending on work experience and qualifications, with a minimum of € 2,790 up to a maximum of € 4,402 gross per month (salary scale 10) for a full-time position with the UFO-profile Docent 4
• an appointment for one year that will be extended by one year if you perform well
• a holiday allowance and end-of-year bonus of respectively 8% and 8.3% of your yearly salary
• a minimum of 29 holidays and additional 12 holidays in case of full-time employment.
Consider our website for more information about the conditions of employment at the University of Groningen: https://www.rug.nl/(...)itions-of-employment
Additional informationProf. E. Hak, head unit PTEE
Jens Bos, datamanager IADB.nl/Pharmlines