Ongeveer 22 uur geleden - Universiteit van Tilburg - Tilburg
Tenure Track Assistant Professor Precision Drug Therapy (1.0 FTE)
This position is opened within the Faculty of Science and Engineering and will be embedded in the department PharmacoTherapy, -Epidemiology & -Economics of the Groningen Research Institute of Pharmacy (GRIP; http://www.rug.nl/grip). The successful candidate will join a dynamic, m
- Broerstraat, Groningen, Groningen
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 5656 - € 5656 per maand
This position is opened within the Faculty of Science and Engineering and will be embedded in the department PharmacoTherapy, -Epidemiology & -Economics of the Groningen Research Institute of Pharmacy (GRIP; www.rug.nl/grip). The successful candidate will join a dynamic, multidisciplinary, group of researchers in this department, stemming from the disciplines of pharmacotherapy, pharmacogenetics, pharmacoeconomics, clinical pharmacology, clinical pharmacy, and clinical pharmacoepidemiology. We are active in research focusing on studies using “real world” health care data. We have access to various databases and recently started a collaboration with the Lifelines cohort study, genetic department and our in-house prescription database IADB.nl called Pharmlines Initiative. This tenure track position will complement the existing research lines in the department PTEE (https://www.rug.nl/research/grip/pharmacotherapy-epidemiology-and-economics/) and create new collaborative opportunities.
• development of an independent research programme in the field of Precision Drug Therapy; the research should compete on a worldwide level and lead to publications in top journals
• acquisition of external research funds
• teaching in undergraduate and graduate-level courses (to an averaged maximum of 30% of the time)
• supervision of BSc, MSc, and PhD students
• contribution to organisation and management within the department and institute, for example by participating in working groups and committees, in the fields of teaching, research and management.
• a PhD degree and minimally two years postdoctoral experience abroad
• excellent research qualities, as evidenced by a publication record in international peer-reviewed journals and renowned conferences, and a relevant international network
• teaching and organizational experience appropriate to career stage.
• a team player with good communications skills
• able to acquire substantial research grants from external sources
• willing to fulfill the requirements for the University Teaching Qualification
• willing to learn the Dutch language (if applicable).
ConditionsThe University of Groningen offers a gross monthly salary dependent on qualifications and work experience from € 3,637 (salary scale 11 Dutch Universities) up to a maximum of € 5,656 (scale 12) for a full-time position. The appointment will be initially for a maximum of 7 years at the level of tenure track assistant professor. The successful candidate will participate in the career track of the Faculty of Science and Engineering known as Career Paths in Science. After 5 years, there will be an assessment of performance based on established criteria. If the outcome of the assessment is positive, the assistant professor will be promoted to associate professor with tenure. There will be another assessment at the end of a further 4-7 -year period for the promotion to full professor.
In addition to the primary salary the University offers 8% holiday allowance and an end-of-year bonus of 8.3%.
The University of Groningen provides career services for partners of new faculty members moving to Groningen.
The University of Groningen has adopted an active policy to increase the number of female scientists across all disciplines of the university. Therefore, female candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
You may apply for this position until 31 March 11:59pm / 1 April 2019 Dutch local time by means of the application form (click on ‘Apply’ below on this advertisement on the university website).
Interested candidates are invited to submit a complete application including:
• a letter of motivation
• a curriculum vitae, including a list of publications
• a list of five self-selected ‘best papers’
• a statement about teaching goals and experience and a description of scientific interest and plans
• the names of three references complete with title and contact information.
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
Additional informationProf. B. Wilffert, department Chair
Department PharmacoTherapy, -Epidemiology & -Economics
‘Career Paths in Science 4’ (‘Bèta’s in Banen 4’)