Assistant professors in experimental quantum matter and optics, tenure track
The Leiden Institute of Physics (LION) is searching for two new faculty members in its section experimental quantum matter and optics, with an emphasis on …
- Niels Bohrweg, Leiden, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
The Leiden Institute of Physics (LION) is searching for two new faculty members in its section experimental quantum matter and optics, with an emphasis on electronic properties. Candidates should develop their own research program, connecting to and expanding on existing research at LION, which ranges from (engineered) quantum materials to quantum optics and photon-matter interactions, and from physics of energy to the interface of physics and chemistry. Candidates can benefit from our existing infrastructure which include extensive thin film preparation, nanolithography (including EBPG and FIB), magnetotransport measurement facilities below 1 K, as well as microscopy techniques such as low-temperature STM, LEEM, AFM, break junctions, and various single molecule fluorescence techniques. In exceptional cases, appointments at associate or full professor level may be considered.
- Establishing an independent, internationally recognized research line, with publications in leading scientific journals;
- Successful acquisition of external funds through research grants;
- Teaching at the undergraduate and graduate level in physics;
- Supervision of BSc and MSc students in their research projects;
- Contribution to the management and organization of the institute.
- PhD degree in physics and research experience at the postdoctoral level;
- Strong interest in an academic career as evidenced through activities and publication record;
- Excellent communications skills in English, both written and verbal;
- Strong commitment to teaching and willingness to further develop teaching skills.
We offer a full-time, 6 year term position, with the possibility of a tenure position based on performance. Salary range from €3,637 to €4,660 gross per month (pay scale 11 in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities). In exceptional cases, candidates at the associate or full professor level will be taken into consideration.
Leiden University offers an attractive benefits package with additional holiday (8%) and end-of-year bonuses(8.3 %), training and career development and sabbatical leave. Our individual choices model gives you some freedom to assemble your own set of terms and conditions. Candidates from outside the Netherlands may be eligible for a substantial tax break.
Leiden University is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from members of underrepresented groups. Gender balance is an explicit aim of our institute. We strongly encourage women to apply and will give preference to female candidates in case of equal qualifications.
Enquiries can be made to Jan Aarts, email email@example.com, telephone +31 (0) 71 527 5708, also for questions about the procedure.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature