Ongeveer 13 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
The Faculty of Science / the Institute for Biology is looking for a Postdoc
- Einsteinweg, Leiden, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
The Institute of Biology Leiden (IBL) is one of the institutes of the Faculty of Science. IBL is an internationally oriented institute for research and education in biology. The Postdoc position is part of NWO-funded project related to developing the filamentous fungus Aspergillus niger as a cell factory for protein production.
As postdoc you will carry out and valorize scientific research. Your key tasks include:
- Using genome-editing technologies for improving Aspergillus niger as a cell factory;
- Study transcriptional regulation of enzyme production by modifying transcription factors and transcription factor interacting proteins;
- Project management, reporting and scientific writing.
- A PhD in biotechnology or biochemistry;
- Experience with genome editing, analyzing (fungal) gene expression, protein work, enzyme purification is an advantage;
- Ability to work independently in a multidisciplinary environment;
- Good to excellent written and oral proficiency in English.
We offer a full-time, 2 year term position, with the possibility of renewal based on need, funding and performance. Salary range from € 2.790,- to € 4.402,- gross per month (pay scale 10 in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities). Leiden University is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from members of underrepresented groups.