1 dag geleden - Universitair Medisch Centrum Groningen - Groningen
Research and teaching associate (onderwijs- en onderzoeksmedewerker) in Public International Law
Leiden University, the Grotius Centre for International Legal Studies has a vacancy for a Research and teaching associate (onderwijs- en onderzoeksmedewerker) in Public International Law (0,80 FTE)
- Steenschuur, Leiden, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Assisting in the planning, organization, programming and execution of the Digitally Derived Evidence project;
- More specifically, the Teaching/Research Associate will:
- Assist in the coordination of the Digitally Derived Evidence project, as well as the activities of the Kalshoven-Gieskes Forum more generally;
- Assist in supervising teams of students taking part in the Kalshoven-Gieskes IHL Clinic programme;
- Support the two senior supervisors in general research relating to the project and in coordination matters;
- Liaise with cooperation partners;
- Assist in the organisation of ad hoc events, including workshops and roundtables in connection with the project;
- Assist in setting up a website and in disseminating the outcomes of the project.
- LL.M. degree in International Law, preferably with knowledge of IHL, IHRL and ICL;
- Excellent command of English, both written and spoken;
- A high sense of commitment and dedication and willingness to assist in on-going teaching and organizational matters of the Forum;
- Strong dedication and commitment to the goals and objectives of the Forum;
- Preferably (practical) experience in the area of International Humanitarian, Criminal, and/or Human Rights Law as evidenced by, e.g., internship(s) with one of the international organisations or NGOs dedicated to the implementation and application of International Humanitarian Law and/or Human Rights Law;
- Experience in coordinating and working on mid-term projects in the field of international humanitarian law is seen as an asset;
- An ability and willingness to work collaboratively and collegially in a team;
- Prior knowledge of setting up a website and with website design (for example, with applications like Wordpress) is seen as an asset;
- Experience in coordinating and/or supervising teams, particularly teams of students, is seen as an asset.
We offer a fixed-term position from 1 October 2019 until 1 August 2020 (10 months). Salary range from €2,579 to €3,445 gross per month on a full-time basis (pay scale 8, in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities). Salary scale depends on education and experience.
Leiden University offers an attractive benefits package with additional holiday (8%) and end-of-year bonuses (8.3 %), training and career development and sabbatical leave. Our individual choices model gives you some freedom to assemble your own set of terms and conditions. For international spouses we have set up a dual career programme. Candidates from outside the Netherlands may be eligible for a substantial tax break. More at https://www.universiteitleiden.nl/en/working-at/job-application-procedure-and-employment-conditions.
Leiden University is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from members of underrepresented groups.
Enquiries can be made to Dr. Emma Irving, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone: +31 (0)71 527 1390.