Professor of International Economic Law (0,2 FTE)
The Faculty of Law, Department of International and European Law, has a vacancy for a 0,2 fte professor specialised in international economic law.
- Bouillonstraat, Maastricht, Limburg
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 7 - 7 uur
- € 5843 - € 8508 per maand
The core responsibilities of the Professor of International Economic Law are:
- to contribute to the further development and teaching of courses in the field of international trade and investment law;
- to conduct research and publish on issues of international economic law within IGIR’s area of research focus (IGIR is the interdisciplinary Institute for Globalization and International Regulation at the Faculty of Law);
- to participate in various academic activities, including the organization of workshops and conferences;
- to contribute to the acquisition and execution of externally funded research;
- to supervise Master’s theses and PhD candidates in the field of international economic law;
- to fulfil management tasks if needed.
Further information is included in the Chair’s profile that can be downloaded here: https://www.maastrichtuniversity.nl/file/profilecharininteconomiclawpdf
The Professor of International Economic Law is expected to have:
- a PhD in law, with a specialization in a field of international economic law;
- demonstrated leadership ability in teaching, research and administration;
- extensive experience in teaching international trade and investment law in English;
- an enthusiastic attitude towards teaching;
- an outstanding research record, with
- a robust publication output in the field of international trade and/or investment law;
- extensive international research networks and established collaborations;
- experience in acquiring and executing externally funded research;
- experience in successfully coaching PhD students to (near) completion; and,
- extensive experience as a keynote speaker and commentator on research and policy in the field of international economic law.
The initial appointment will be for a five-year contract, to be extended to a permanent contract upon a positive review. Remuneration will be according to standard salary levels, depending on years of relevant working experience at the required level. The Professor 2 salary scale will apply (between € 5,843 and a maximum of € 8,508 gross per month, based on a fulltime employment contract) according to the collective labour agreement of Dutch Universities, with an additional 8% holiday pay and an 8,3% end of year payment. (This translates to a gross annual compensation ranging from € 81,544 to € 118,737.)
The terms of employment of Maastricht University are set out in the Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities (CAO). Furthermore, local UM provisions also apply. For more information look at the website www.maastrichtuniversity.nl > About UM > Working at UM.
For further information regarding this vacancy you can contact the chair of the Department of International and European Law, Prof. Ellen Vos (email@example.com) or the Dean of the Faculty of Law, Prof. Jan Smits (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Applicants should send their application letter, curriculum vitae and publication list to Pzfdrvacatures@maastrichtuniversity.nl no later than Sunday 24 October 2021 under reference of the vacancy number (AT2021.354).
The first round of selection interviews will take place online on Monday 22 November; the second round will take place on campus on Monday 13 December.
The envisaged start date is 1 September 2022 at the latest.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature