1 dag geleden - Technische Universiteit Delft (TUD) - Delft
Assistant/Associate Professor in Physics of Fluids
Within the faculty of Science and Technology (S&T), the cluster of Physics of Fluids is looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 3637 - € 6738 per maand
Within the faculty of Science and Technology (S&T), the cluster of Physics of Fluids is looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic Assistant/Associate Professor (f/m) in ‘Complex Fluid Dynamics (PHYS-2)’.
The position will be embedded in the Physics of Fluids cluster and in the Max-Planck Center Twente for Complex Fluids Dynamics.
Possible focus subjects for the new position include the complex fluid dynamics of multicomponent liquids with phase transitions, diffusiophoretic flows, colloidal fluid dynamics, flows with chemical reactions, the fluid dynamics of combustion, fluid physics of life, or geophysical fluid dynamics. The methods to be employed are mainly experimental, but with a good connection to theory and numerical simulations. The focus is fundamental fluid dynamics, but with an open eye towards applications and an application perspective.
The staff member will take part in teaching courses of POF in the UT BSc and MSc programs. Lectures and supervision of students will be in English. Mastering the Dutch language is not a prerequisite, but naturally a long term goal;
We strongly encourage a high degree of responsibility and independence, while collaborating with close colleagues, researchers and other university staff.
- You hold a PhD in Physics, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or related fields
- You have an existing track record in Physics of Fluids and Fluid Dynamics shown by publications in high rank journals or strong evidence of high research potential
- Proven capability in attracting research funding
- You are a team player
- Good teaching skills, willingness to take the University Teaching Qualification
- Good coaching skills (BSc, MSc and PhD students)
- Good communication skills (in English and preferably also in Dutch)
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
Please send your application via the 'Apply now' button, and include:
- Your curriculum vitae
- A list of publications
- Your research and teaching statement
We offer an excellent and stimulating scientific environment with an attractive campus and lots of facilities for sports and leisure. The university provides a dynamic ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues in which internationalization is an important part of the strategic agenda.
- You will be appointed fulltime for 2 years with the prospect of a permanent position after a positive evaluation.
- The terms of employment are in accordance with the Dutch Collective Labour Agreement for Universities (CAO), and include:
- a starting salary from € 3.637 (scale 11) to € 6.738 (scale 14) gross per month, based on relevant work experience;
- a holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- a minimum of 29 leave days in case of fulltime employment;
- professional and personal development programs;
- a solid pension scheme.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature