Ongeveer 19 uur geleden - Universiteit van Tilburg - Tilburg
Hypatia chairs: full Professors in Geo-information Science and Earth Observation
This program is only open for excellent female scientists at the level of full Professor.Your challenge As a Professor at the UT, you will have a leading role …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 - 40 uur
This program is only open for excellent female scientists at the level of full Professor.
As a Professor at the UT, you will have a leading role in initiating, coordinating and executing novel scientific methods and approaches in the broad Geo-information Science and Earth Observation domain of our ITC Faculty. You will be based in a department and be co-responsible for its management, alongside other Principal Investigators (PIs). You will teach and supervise MSc and PhD students and initialise and lead capacity development projects in ITC’s target countries in Asia and Africa.
- Your research domain lies in the field of Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation
- You have a strong publication record and a vision for the future development of the field
- You are a dedicated professional, eager and capable of creating links between your research area and the existing research groups at our uniquely multi-disciplinary university
- You thrive in a collaborative environment, and your managerial skills make a difference
- You have a passion for teaching and hold a basic qualification in teaching (BKO) for Dutch universities, or are willing to obtain this
- Your communication skills in English are excellent
- You are willing to travel often to ITC’s target countries in Asia and Africa doing research projects.
- To improve the representation of women in senior academic positions, the University of Twente introduced the Hypatia programme www.utwente.nl/go/fullprofessor-hypatia. This program aims at excellent female scientist at the level of full Professor. Female scientists are invited to apply for the position as such but within the frame of one of the faculty-research themes more specifically.’
We offer you a full-time, tenured position as Professor at the ITC faculty – an inspiring and challenging international environment with colleagues from all over the world. We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a competitive salary and excellent conditions:
- Gross monthly salary between € 5334.- and € 7766.- (fulltime) depending on experience and qualifications (job profile Professor level 2).
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%
- Excellent support for research and facilities for professional and personal development.
- A solid pension scheme
- Possibilities to save up holidays for sabbatical leave
- Minimum of 41 holiday days in case of full-time employment
- Professional and personal development programmes
- A family-friendly institution, offering support for dual hiring.
University of diversity
At the UT, we embrace and encourage diversity along many different axes. We work hard to improve diversity, inclusion and equity within the campus community. Our constant aim is to create an inclusive community with an open and supportive environment for research, education and valorisation.
Spatial solutions for ‘wicked problems’
Our vision at ITC is that spatial solutions will play an increasingly important role in meeting many of the complex challenges, or ‘wicked problems’, we face today. Think, for example, of climate change, population growth, or claims for sufficient and secure food, water, energy, health, land and housing. Our mission is to develop capacity, particularly in less developed countries, and to leverage geospatial solutions for these national and global problems. We are eager to enhance our standing as an internationally recognised knowledge hub in the spatial domain, renowned for its collaborative educational and research activities, particularly in the global South.
Developing people and institutions
At ITC, we aim to achieve both individual and collaborative capacity building in domain-specific knowledge, skills and attitudes – both at the personal and institutional/societal levels, through education, research and partnerships. We believe this dual focus reflects key features of modern societies with a strong private sector.
High Tech Human Touch
As a part of the University of Twente, we believe technology and people have a leading role to play in providing solutions for today’s complex and often global societal challenges. Central to our vision is our High Tech Human Touch philosophy, in which we fuse natural sciences, data science, biology and engineering with social and behavioural sciences while maintaining a relentless focus on societal impact.
Engineering for a Resilient World
The United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), ambitious and inspiring as they are, reveal a vulnerable planet. Ending poverty and hunger; coping with climate change; ensuring clean water and sanitation, responsible production and consumption, and sustainable cities and communities – goals like these call for new and broader perspectives, new tools, a new way of working. The development of new technologies from an action-oriented design perspective can sustainably contribute to the long-term resilience of people, planet and profit. At the UT, we call it ‘Engineering for a Resilient World’ – and we’ve made it one of our five core pursuits.
JOIN US IN THIS PURSUIT.
Information and application
Interested? Apply online with our application form below before 30th September. Your application has to include (i) a motivation letter clearly stating how you meet the selection criteria and also outlining your research and teaching interests and (ii) a detailed CV with references.
The first selection of candidates will take place in October.
A public guest lecture to the ITC-staff will be part of the selection. A development assessment could be part of the selection also.