2 dagen geleden - Rijksuniversiteit Groningen (RUG) - Groningen
Hypatia chairs: full Professors in the domain of Behavioural, Management and Social Sciences
This program is only open for excellent female scientists at the level of full Professor.You will have a leading role in initiating, coordinating and …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 - 40 uur
This program is only open for excellent female scientists at the level of full Professor.
You will have a leading role in initiating, coordinating and executing novel and world-leading scientific research in the field of behavioural, management and social sciences. You will play an active role in the educational programmes of the BMS Faculty at Bachelor’s, Master’s and PhD level and be co-responsible for the management of the Department in which you will work.
- Your research area is clearly relevant to the work of BMS and the UT;
- You have a strong publication record and a vision for the future development of the field;
- You are able to connect your research with technology in one or more ways;
- You thrive on working in multidisciplinary teams and are eager to foster cooperation between different types of scholars and between academics and practitioners;
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and feel connected to the UT's design profile;
- You have experience in leading research projects, including successful supervision of PhDs, and are successful in grant acquisition;
- You have a passion for teaching and are highly valued as an educator;
- You hold a basic qualification in teaching (BKO) for Dutch universities (or the equivalent), or you are willing to obtain this;
- Your communication skills in English are excellent and are willing to learn Dutch if you have not yet mastered it.
- To improve the representation of women in senior academic positions, the University of Twente introduced the Hypatia programme www.utwente.nl/go/fullprofessor-hypatia. This program aims at excellent female scientist at the level of full Professor. Female scientists are invited to apply for the position as such but within the frame of one of the faculty-research themes more specifically.
We offer a full-time tenured position as Full Professor, with a competitive salary and excellent benefits, set in an entrepreneurial and collaborative work environment with colleagues and students from all over the world.
- excellent research facilities and research support;
- extra's such as an 8,3% end-of-year bonus and 8% holiday allowance;
- a solid pension scheme;
- possibilities to save up holidays for sabbatical leave;
- minimum of 29 holidays and additional 12 holidays in case of full-time employment;
- professional and personal development programs;
- a family friendly institution, offering support for dual hiring.
The Faculty: understanding, co-designing and evaluating innovation in society
The UT was acclaimed as ‘the best university of technology’ in 2017 and the BMS Faculty is larger than the social sciences faculties at any other technical university in the Netherlands. The Faculty’s aim is to play a pivotal role in understanding, co-designing and evaluating innovation in society. Home to 4 clusters and 20 departments, BMS covers disciplines such as psychology, business administration, public administration, communication sciences, philosophy and educational sciences. Our research is organized around 5 thematic programmes: Health, Resilience, Industry, Learning, and Emerging Technologies & Society.
Fusing technology and human creativity
Advances in technology and human creativity often stimulate one another. Our research reflects this fusion, as we, 1) examine human-technology relations, 2) investigate human, organizational and institutional patterns; and 3) use a design approach to develop interventions aimed at positively impacting society. BMS has invested much to support this work, and houses a high-end lab with the latest tools for conducting innovative research. The research is strongly connected to our UT institutes in the field of Digital Society and TechMed.
High Tech Human Touch
At the UT, we believe technology and people have a leading role to play in providing solutions for complex societal challenges worldwide. Central to our vision is our High Tech Human Touch philosophy, in which we fuse social and technological sciences and focus on designing solutions for real-world problems.
Drawing on this unique cross-disciplinary approach and excellence in scientific disciplines, our scientists, teachers and students work daily on tackling these global challenges, such as improving healthcare and resilience in society, or preparing for the digital age.
We’re proud to have developed a unique project-based learning approach referred to as TEM (Twente Education Model), designed to familiarize all of our Bachelor’s students with learning while working on real-world issues.
University of diversity
At the UT, we embrace and encourage diversity along many different axes. We work hard to improve diversity, inclusion and equity within the campus community. Our constant aim is to create an inclusive community with an open and supportive environment for research, education and valorization.
Interested? Apply online with our application form below before 15th of October. The first selection of candidates will take place in October.
For more information please contact Prof. dr. Ellen Giebels +31534895279 or email@example.com