2 dagen geleden - Erasmus Universiteit Rotterdam - Rotterdam
PhD Zero Energy Internet of Things
For a new large nationally funded research program on “zero-energy internet-of-things” (with in total 14 PhD students and 3 postdocs in 5 coherent projects, …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 2222 - € 2840 per maand
For a new large nationally funded research program on “zero-energy internet-of-things” (with in total 14 PhD students and 3 postdocs in 5 coherent projects, located at the technical universities of Twente, Delft and Eindhoven) we are looking for a PhD student working in a project on “dependable autonomous mobile computing” in a cooperation between, UT (1 PhD student), TU Eindhoven (1 PhD student) and the companies Thales Netherlands and TOPIC ICT. In the project, we will be working on next generation low-energy wearable computing systems, for which we will develop new energy-aware hardware and software, that needs to adapt to changing circumstances. We target both energy-aware design (focus at TUE), and (runtime) energy management (focus at UT). The companies Thales, TOPIC and Altran will be involved in the requirements and use-case scenario analysis, as well as support practical experimentation and overall integration activities. The selected PhD student is expected to spent part of his/her time, e.g., one day per week, at Thales in Huizen (close to Amsterdam).
We are looking for an energetic PhD student holding an MSc degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering (or similar, such as Embedded Systems). The candidate should have a proven background and interest in computer and communication systems, preferably in energy-efficient computing, and be aware of advanced modeling concepts (stochastic models, verification). Due to the involvement of the company Thales, we are looking specifically for candidates from EU or NATO member states.
Your application should encompass:
- a cover letter (explaining your specific interest and qualifications);
- a full Curriculum Vitae;
- a list of all courses (with marks) and a PDF of your MSc thesis;
- references (contact information) of two scientific staff members. Deadline for your application is: April 16, 2018.
For further information, please contact: Professor Dr. Ir. Boudewijn Haverkort: email@example.com
The University of Twente offers excellent working conditions, an exciting scientific environment, and a green and lively campus with ample sports and cultural facilities.
- Full time four-year position with a one year probation period;
- Gross salary PhD student: ranging from € 2.222 (1st year) to € 2.840 (4th year) per month (at full-time employment);
- A holiday allowance (8%) and end-of-year bonus (8.3%) apply;
- Excellent facilities for professional and personal development;
- Good secondary conditions, in accordance with the collective labor agreement CAO-NU for Dutch universities (https://www.labouragreementuniversities.nl/ );
- Starting date: as soon as possible.
The PhD student will be affiliated as well with the Twente Graduate School, offering advanced courses to deepen your scientific knowledge in preparation to your future career (within or outside academia). We provide our PhD students with excellent opportunities to broaden their personal knowledge and to professionalize their academic skills. Participation in national and/or international summer schools and workshops, and visits to other prestigious research institutes and universities are normally part of the PhD program.
You will be hosted (office-wise) in the DACS group, in the Zilverling building (5th floor) on campus. DACS in total comprises over 20 people and boasts a very informal but productive working atmosphere, with staff and PhD students from various cultural backgrounds (currently 6 nationalities, but this has been over 10 recently). Women are especially encouraged to apply.