Ongeveer 23 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
Post-doc position Plantenna
Plantenna is a joint initiative by the four technical universities in the Netherlands. For this project, we are looking for a new postdoc to appoint at the …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 - 40 uur
- € 3255 - € 4274 per maand
Plantenna is a joint initiative by the four technical universities in the Netherlands. For this project, we are looking for a new postdoc to appoint at the University of Twente.
Our mission in this project is to develop vegetation-integrated, energy harvesting, autonomous sensors that measure in-plant and environmental parameters at high resolution and low cost. Sensor information will be used to develop methods for early detection of plant-stress and environmental strain. This in-turn will enable optimizing water and nutrient application schemes for climate smart agriculture, improve drought protection and support decision-making for environmental protection and climate resilience.
More details about the project can be found here: https://www.4tu.nl/plantenna/en/.
- We are looking for a system architect for realizing low power autonomous sensor nodes in the consortium of the Project.
- In this position, you will investigate energy harvesting techniques from ambient sources in order to attain long battery lifetime and autonomous operation for the “Internet of Plants”.
- We expect you design new system architectures and circuit level techniques in the areas related to (and not limited to) interfacing with sensors for monitoring plant health, crop indicators and environmental parameters, along with low noise low power readout circuitry to process this information.
- You are highly motivated and an enthusiastic researcher (F/M).
- You have a PhD Degree in the field of Integrated Circuit or System Design, specialized in or more of the following: energy harvesting, sensor interfacing and readout circuits, instrumentation techniques.
- You are an independent and original thinker with a creative mindset.
- You are a fast thinker with excellent analytical and interpersonal skills.
- You have good team spirit and like to work in an internationally oriented environment.
- You are willing to learn and expand your horizon of research by interacting with diverse research fields such as agronomics, plant physiology, sensor design and signal processing in the Plantenna consortium.
- You are fluent in English.
- You will be appointed for two years within a very stimulating scientific environment. The university offers a dynamic ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues.
- Salary and conditions are in accordance with the collective labor agreement for Dutch universities (CAO- NU);
- You will receive a salary between €3.255,- and €4.274,- gross per month, depending on your work experience;
- Excellent benefits including a holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary, a year-end bonus of 8.3% and a solid pension scheme;
- Minimum of 29 holidays in case of full-time employment;
- Professional and personal development programs;
- We encourage a high degree of responsibility and independence, while collaborating with close colleagues, researchers and other university staff.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature