Ongeveer 20 uur geleden - Radboudumc - Nijmegen
Assistant Professor in Digital Literacy and Digital Methods for Media Studies (1.0 FTE)
As a candidate you are committed to furthering new and innovative developments in academic research and teaching.
- Domplein, Utrecht, Utrecht
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 40 uur
- € 3746 - € 5826 per maand
The Department of Media and Culture Studies invites applications for an Assistant Professorship in Digital Literacy and Digital Methods for Media Studies, starting November 1, 2021 (an earlier or later starting date is negotiable).
The successful applicant will teach in media tracks within the BA programme Media en Cultuur/Media and Culture, the Dutch language BA programme Communicatie- en Informatiewetenschappen, as well as in (R)MA programmes of the Department of Media and Culture Studies. Additionally, the appointment includes 30 percent research time. We expect the candidate to actively contribute to the research agenda of Media and Culture Studies and participate in research collaboration within the department and beyond.
For this position we are looking for candidates who contribute to research into the role of digital media technologies, algorithms, and interfaces in contemporary culture. We are specifically interested in research critically investigating digital tools and digital methods in a context of education and academic research, in practices of digital archiving, and/or civic participation.
As a candidate you are committed to furthering new and innovative developments in academic research and teaching, and to participating in interdisciplinary collaborations and partnerships within and beyond the university. You meet the following requirements:
- You hold a PhD in the Humanities with a research focus on digital media studies, screen studies, or related fields.
- You have relevant experience teaching BA and MA levels (i.e. on subjects such as digital humanities, tool criticism, digital archiving and curation, critical data studies).
- You have experience in supervising individual thesis projects.
- You are an active and ambitious Researcher with output that reflects this.
- You have demonstrable ability and ambition to obtain external research grants.
- You have demonstrable ability and ambition in outreach, interprofessional collaboration, and challenge-driven education or research.
- You are a strong team worker and capable of multidisciplinary collaboration.
- You have experience in university administration, in particular administering a teaching or research programme (desirable).
- You have excellent organisational experience and skills.
- You have acquired the Dutch Basic Teaching Qualification, or are willing to acquire this within the first two years.
- You are fluent in Dutch and English, preferably approaching near-native standard; if you do not have a native command of Dutch you are expected to obtain B2-level (CEFR) spoken and written Dutch within two years of the appointment.
We offer a position (1.0 FTE) for a period of two years with the intention of converting it into a permanent contract after a positive assessment. The gross salary - depending on previous qualifications and experience - ranges between €3,746 and €5,826 (scale 11-12 according to the Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities) per month for a full-time employment. Salaries are supplemented with a holiday bonus of 8% and a year-end bonus of 8.3% per year. In addition, Utrecht University offers excellent secondary conditions, including an attractive retirement scheme, (partly paid) parental leave and flexible employment conditions (multiple choice model). More information about working at Utrecht University can be found here.