Ongeveer 14 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Delft (TUD) - Delft
Associate Professor Organization Studies (1.0 FTE)
The Utrecht School of Governance is looking for an Associate Professor Organization Studies. Are you interested? Then please read the full profile and apply.
- Domplein, Utrecht, Utrecht
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 40 uur
- € 4815 - € 6438 per maand
The Organization Science section of the Utrecht University School of Governance (USG) is seeking to appoint an Associate Professor in Organization Studies (40% research / 40% teaching / 20% other activities including executive teaching, applied research and consultancy). The position is part of a broader plan to extend the current Organization Science section with four full-time positions in the three lines of research on co-creating public value: Organizational Identity & Change (2 positions), Public Service Performance & HRM (1 position) and Sport & Society (1 position).
USG values theoretical and methodological diversity and research benefits from insights that various disciplines, theoretical perspectives and methodologies can offer. USG academic research has an excellent national and international reputation. In 2014, the USG Public Matters Research Programme was externally assessed across the board from 'very good' to 'excellent'.
For this position, we welcome candidates with a strong track record and a demonstrable potential to generate innovative theoretical and empirical knowledge on identities and (in)equalities in contemporary organizations. Relevant areas of expertise are, for instance:
- diversity and transformative organizational practices that foster recognition and inclusion of historically subordinated groups;
- the more equal and sustainable generation and distribution of goods and services and allocation of wealth;
- organizational cultures and vocabularies nurturing post-capitalistic subjectivities;
- emergent, alternative economic practices and business models;
- organizational practices and reaching out to new constituencies and supporting collective action;
- the politics of the commons.
Scholars working within critical traditions of thought are particularly encouraged to apply. The appointed Associate Professor will further make a substantial contribution to the development and launch of a new international Master's degree in Organization Studies, in which most of her/his teaching will be embedded. To meet both the research and educational expectations, the suitable candidate is conversant with multiple disciplinary approaches to organizational phenomena. This is crucial to connect to the scientific networks within Utrecht University on strategic themes such as 'Institutions for Open Societies' and in particular the Future of Work and the Gender & Diversity hubs within, to which the research group and USG as a whole contribute.
Finally, the suitable candidate is well embedded in international academic and practitioner's networks relevant to her/his area of expertise and engages her/himself to enhance the visibility and the profiling of the Organization Science section and USG within them. He/she is willing to contribute substantially to seeking external funding to support the research activities of the research group and USG from the Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research (NWO) and other revenues, like the European Union, non-governmental organizations and the business sector.
The suitable candidate is able to:
- initiate and conduct research in the Organization Studies research group contributing to the Research Programme of the Utrecht School of Governance;
- supervise junior scholars, including PhDs, in a developmental manner;
- play a key role in the development of a new international Master's programme in Organization Studies;
- provide teaching mainly within the new international Master's programme in Organization Studies, but also, to a lesser extent, in Bachelor and Executive programmes;
- apply for, set up and supervise research projects through, for instance, the NWO and EU funding;
- take up administrative and coordinating tasks related to research and teaching activities in which he/she is involved.
To this end, the suitable candidate:
- has a PhD degree in Organization Studies, Management or other relevant Social Sciences;
- has a passion for theoretically sound empirical research with high societal impact;
- has a demonstrable international research and publication track record and the ambition to become a leading scholar in her/his domain in her/his area of expertise;
- has a sound methodological expertise in either qualitative or quantitative methods and is open to multiple methodologies;
- has experience and a strong track record in teaching, including the development of teaching modules and courses;
- has experience or demonstrable potential for the acquisition of external research funds;
- is a team player combining commitment and a critical-constructive attitude toward the organization, colleagues, and students;
- is a strong communicator who can engage different audiences.
Experience in administrative roles (at a university) is not required but an asset.
We offer a position as an Associate Professor (1.0 FTE) in an inspiring academic team with a collegial work culture and a healthy ambition to make a difference in academia and society. The position is for a period of two years with the possibility of a permanent appointment upon positive evaluation. Utrecht University employs a system of quality assessment for teaching and research, with consequences for career development. This system implies that, in addition to having a PhD in a relevant field of research, an eligible candidate also possesses appropriate senior level academic teaching and senior research qualifications. The Faculty may use an assessment as an instrument in the selection procedure.
The gross salary - depending on previous qualifications and experience - ranges between €4,815 and €6,438 (scale 13/14 according to the Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities) gross per month for a full-time employment. Salaries are supplemented with a holiday bonus of 8 % and a year-end bonus of 8.3 % per year. We offer a pension scheme, (partly paid) parental leave, collective insurance schemes and flexible employment conditions (multiple choice model). More information is available at: working at Utrecht University.
Utrecht University is an equal opportunities employer. Applications should consist of a covering letter explaining motivation and qualifications for the position and a full curriculum vitae, including a list of publications. Applications will be considered by the recruitment committee and preliminarily shortlisted candidates will subsequently be invited for informal conversations with the University, after which a formal shortlist of candidates will be invited for interviews and campus visits. Selection of and negotiations with the preferred candidate will take place thereafter.
For further information please contact Prof. Dr. Patrizia Zanoni through Ms. Inge Bakker-Simon via I.H.Bakker@uu.nl or +31 30 253 89 39/+31 30 253 81 01.