Ongeveer 10 uur geleden - Universiteit Utrecht (UU) - Utrecht
Lecturers in Linguistics/Nederlandse Taalkunde/Cognition, Language and Communication
The Department of Literary Studies and Linguistics and the Afdeling Neerlandistiek of the Faculty of Humanities have a vacancy for Lecturers in …
- Spui, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 22 uur
- € 2588 - € 4757 per maand
The Department of Literary Studies and Linguistics and the Afdeling Neerlandistiek of the Faculty of Humanities have a vacancy for Lecturers in Linguistics/Nederlandse Taalkunde/Cognition, Language and Communication.
As successful candidate you will match one of the profiles (click for details) and have research interests that correspond to the research priorities of the Amsterdam Centre for Language and Communication (ACLC). Combinations of (parts of) profiles are possible. We therefore also encourage the application by candidates who lack parts of certain profiles but match parts of other profiles. In the interest of research-intensive teaching, it is expected that you keep up with research developments regarding the contents of the courses taught (15% of the time). A lecturer’s position comprises 85% teaching time and 15% education-related research time.Teaching Programmes:
- BA & 1- and 2-year MA Programmes Linguistics (in English);
- BA Programma Nederlandse Taal & Cultuur (gedeelte Nederlandse Taalkunde, in het Nederlands);
- MA Programma Nederlandse Taal & Cultuur (gedeelte Nederlandse Taalkunde, in het Engels);
- BSc Programma Cognition, Language & Communication (in het Nederlands en het Engels).
- A PhD in a relevant discipline, such as linguistics, cognitive science, or other closely related field;
- university teaching experience at a BA and MA level;
- experience in supervising BA and MA theses;
- adaptable teacher with demonstrable pedagogical abilities and/or training, evidenced by an educational portfolio;
- experience with digital and audio-visual equipment in teaching; familiarity with ICT in academic education;
- knowledge of statistics;
- team spirit and willingness to develop a multidisciplinary capacity in order to be able to participate in multiple areas of the Faculty's curriculum;
- knowledge of and strong commitment to development and renewal of BA and MA programmes;
- University Teaching Qualification (in Dutch: BKO) or equivalent in hand;
- organisational experience and skills;
- experience in administration, especially at the level of the department (coordination of co-taught courses and of programmes or sub-programmes, coordination of committees, participation in the daily running of the department, tutoring of students, membership Board of Education, etc.);
- a research profile that is in sync with the research priorities of the ACLC;
- native or near-native fluency in English (for Linguistics) and Dutch (for Nederlandse Taalkunde and Cognition, Language and Communication) - non-native Dutch speakers must be fluent in Dutch within two years.
The appointment will be for 22,8 (0.6 fte) hours a week on a temporary basis for a period of 2 years. The gross monthly salary will range from €2,588 (scale 10) to €4,757 (scale 11), based on a full-time appointment (38 hours a week). The Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities is applicable.
For further details you may contact:
Please submit your complete application no later than 30 May 2018 using this link.
Job interviews are scheduled for 18, 19, and 21 June 2018.