3 dagen geleden - Technische Universiteit Delft (TUD) - Delft
Postdoctoral Researcher in International Arms Control Law
The T.M.C. Asser Institute is a research centre for international and European law in The Hague. Its mission is to contribute to the development of …
- R. J. Schimmelpennincklaan, Den Haag, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 15 - 15 uur
- € 2836 - € 5211 per maand
The T.M.C. Asser Institute is a research centre for international and European law in The Hague. Its mission is to contribute to the development of international and European law by conducting independent fundamental research, policy-oriented research, and applied legal research, as well as by initiating and facilitating academic and expert meetings, (professional) education, and public events with a view to disseminating knowledge of international and European law. The Institute is dedicated to building a strong research community and creating an environment that facilitates critical-constructive reflection.
The Institute invites applications for a Postdoctoral researcher for two days (15,2 fte) per week and has availability from 1 January 2022.
What are you going to do
You will be working closely with the recently appointed endowed professor in Arms Control Law. Your work will serve to strengthen our research capacity in the field of arms control law, with a focus on weapons of mass destruction, including nuclear, biological and chemical weapons, with the Non-Proliferation Treaty, the Biological Weapons Convention and the Chemical Weapons Convention respectively, and in the field of CBRN security. Research also involves the monitoring of arms control treaties and the implementation of the agreed arms control law obligations in domestic law.
- Conduct fundamental research in international arms control law.
- Publish articles in high-level academic journals.
- Present research at international conferences.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of an armscontrol research network.
- Assist in the organization of research and dissemination activities related to the Chair.
- Contribute to the acquisition of funding by drafting funding applications together with the chairholder.
- Contribute actively to the Asser research community.
- Engage with research groups of the University of Amsterdam.
What do we require of you
The successful candidate will meet the following requirements:
- A completed PhD in international law.
- A track-record of academic publications.
- A demonstrated research focus and/or a strong research interest in international security, the regulation of armaments, military affairs.
- Interest in interdisciplinary research.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Fluency in English.
- You will be appointed at the University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam Law School, and seconded to The T.M.C. Asser Institute in The Hague;
- This appointment is temporary for a period of maximum five years;
- Remuneration depends on the actual level of education, experience and knowledge with a maximum of €5.211 gross per month based on a full time equivalent (38 hours), according to the collective labour agreement of the Dutch Universities (VSNU). Secondary benefits at Dutch universities are attractive and include 8% holiday pay and an 8.3% end of year bonus.
Further information on the position and the project may be obtained from: