1 dag geleden - Universitair Medisch Centrum Groningen - Groningen
Postdoctoral researcher in the physics of supercooled water and ice
A temporary postdoctoral position is available at the Van 't Hoff Institute for Molecular Sciences (HIMS) in the project ‘New light on …
- Science Park, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 2709 - € 4274 per maand
A temporary postdoctoral position is available at the Van 't Hoff Institute for Molecular Sciences (HIMS) in the project ‘New light on Supercooled Water’, which is a joint project with the UvA’s Institute of Physics (IoP). The project is funded by Netherlands Organisation of Scientific Research (NWO) under the projectruimte-scheme.
Of all known liquids, water is the least understood, and the origin of its many anomalous properties is hotly debated. In this research project you will investigate the physics of water and the dynamics of the ice surface using a wide range of experimental methods.
What are you going to do?
As postdoctoral researcher you will:
- set up and perform experiments on water, aqueous solutions, and ice using physical methods such as (2D)IR and Raman spectroscopy and microscopy, rheology, and T-jump experiments;
- analyze and interpret the results;
- report your results in peer-reviewed journals and at international conferences.
- A PhD degree in physical chemistry or experimental physics;
- at least four papers in peer-reviewed international journals in English;
- excellent communication skills in oral and written English.
Experience with vibrational spectroscopy and/or soft matter is an advantage.
We offer a temporary contract for 38 hours per week for the duration of 12 months, with the possibility of extension by another 12 months depending on your performance. The salary, depending on relevant experience before the beginning of the employment contract, will be €2,709 to €4,274 (scale 10) gross per month, based on fulltime (38 hours a week), exclusive 8 % holiday allowance and 8,3 % end-of-year bonus. A favorable tax agreement, the ‘30% ruling’, may apply to non-Dutch applicants. The Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities is applicable.
Are you curious about our extensive package of secondary employment benefits like our excellent opportunities for study and development? Take a look here.
Do you have questions about this vacancy? Or do you want to know more about our organisation? Please contact: